- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Chrysanthemum on the Flower Agenda
The flower, which originates from China and Japan, has been incredibly popular in Asia for centuries. In around 1700 the flower arrived in Europe.
The chrysanthemum's colours and shapes
The chrysanthemum's name derives from the Greek: chrys (gold) and anthemon (flower). The flower's original colour was gold, but there is now a very wide colour palette. Consumers can choose from gold, bronze or dark orange tones and shades of green are also very popular. Customers can also go for subtlety and calm with chrysanthemums in shades of white, pink or purple. As well as choosing the right colour, they also need to choose between the different varieties: spray, disbudded and Santini chrysanthemums. If that wasn't choice enough, there are also many different flower shapes: from single to double flowered and from spider to pompom shaped.
Chrysanthemums are easy to combine with other flowers such as roses and anthuriums.
Inspiration and information
Inspiring images of every flower in the Flower Agenda have been produced in line with the Horticulture Sector Trends 2016 (Groenbranche Trends 2016). These trends are a translation of what consumers are interested in at the moment and are specifically aimed at the horticulture sector for use both indoors and outdoors.
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-19 Marketing challenges in 2022 and how to solve them
- 2022-01-19 “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- 2021-11-24 How digital marketing can boost floral sales
- 2021-11-19 Cut chrysanthemum Ilonka stars in promotional campaign
- 2021-10-26 'Increasing Demand and Satisfaction in the Floral Industry'
- 2021-10-21 Fall marketing ideas for floral businesses
- 2021-10-18 De Jong Plant B.V. expands product range with patio and balcony plants
- 2021-09-09 “New, unique varieties deserve one-off marketing concepts”
- 2021-08-31 “We are overwhelmed by the increasing need for floriculture consulting since the pandemic”
- 2021-08-31 Study on the active role of flower shops in the commercialization of roses in Mexico
- 2021-05-27 Sahid Nahim talks innovation at EMC Go Live Event
- 2021-05-24 New Covent Garden Market’s British Flowers Week is back in bloom
- 2021-05-04 Design thinking within the floral industry
- 2021-04-30 UK: Garden Day back for third successive year
- 2021-04-12 These common houseplants reduce carbon footprint most
- 2021-04-01 Ecuadorian roses now transported upside down
- 2021-03-10 US: How to improve the image of the carnation?
- 2021-03-09 5 inspiring women leaders, business owners in the floral industry tell their story
- 2021-03-05 US: New merchandising program to promote pollinator gardens
- 2021-03-05 No more plastic for potted bulbs