- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"a successful combination"
Flower Expo Poland & Green is Life: Number visitors up by 9.5%
The number of trade visitors increased significantly by 8.5% to 7,468. The total number of visitors rose from 15,954 to 17,468. This is an increase of nearly 9.5%. This number consists of trade visitors and consumers, as on the third expo-day consumers are welcome too. The number of visitors is classified according to business category: the share of growers was 24.8%, landscape architects and contractors together 23.7%, the group Garden centers/DIY markets/Retailers/Wholesalers 17.49% and finally the category Florist/floristry/Floral designers 8.3%. This means the latter had an increase of 569 individuals.
The opening of the fair last month
Participants Flower Expo Poland
In total 71 exhibitors participated in the new flower and plant hall, representing 13 countries. The first reactions to the new exhibition are positive. A large number of exhibitors indicate wanting to rebook their stand for the next edition. The first reservations have already been made.
During the expo a side program was organized: a seminar programme and floral demonstrations. Speakers were Kees van Rijn of Bart Kwiaty, Robert Roodenburg of the VGB, Marc Eijsackers of Flower Council of Holland and Theo Tiegelaar of Kenlog. The average number of visitors was 75. The floral demonstrations were completed by floral designers: Laura Belabrovik from Belarus, Tomàsz Max Kuczyński, Jagoda Glowinska, Kinga Czekajewska and Iza Tkaczyk from Poland. Aafje Nijman of Bloomtube presented the Floral Trends of autumn and winter 2016. Johan Martens visualized her story by making arrangements and pot/plant combinations.
On national television, in the program “Pytanie na Śniadanie” on TVP2, the expo appeared as an item four times and a specially designed gerbera dress, which featured on the program, drew a lot of attention. The media partnerships with Polish magazines brought a lot of online and print publicity. A report on media results is being made at this moment.
New trade show
In response to signals in the market BureauSierteelt.nl has the intention to create a platform in Poland for growers and traders of flowers and plants. Growers and traders expressed their interest in this promising market. Combining two trade shows has advantages. Firstly, the support of local parties is essential to the creation of a new fair and secondly, the trade show GREEN IS LIFE, which is more focused on outside green has already been well established.
Partners & Ambassadors
The first edition of the exhibition was actively supported by the Dutch Embassy in Warsaw, Sigma International, Kuehne + Nagel, Bronisze Wholesale in Warsaw, Florint International Florist Organisation, the Polish Florists Association (Stowarzyszenie Florystów Polskich), Bloomtube, Chrysal and the Association of Wholesalers in Horticultural Products (VGB).
Application edition 2017
The next edition of Flower Expo Poland will take place from August 31st – September 2nd 2017. Information about the fair is to be found at: flowerexpo.pl. Interested parties can register via +31 (0) 71-870 10 68 or email Dianne@flowerexpo.pl.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-11 The garden on Symphony of the Seas has over 20,000 plants
- 2022-12-23 The fascinating story of the Semponium
- 2022-12-07 First spot for Ruby Red and Superba New Glitter
- 2022-12-05 New varieties of De Ruiter East Africa on display at Open Day
- 2022-11-14 German tree nursery products on stage at sales fair in Westerstede
- 2022-09-19 Daily light integral and/or photoperiod during the young plant and finishing stages
- 2022-09-02 Large flowers can be short‐lived: Insights from a high Andean cactus
- 2022-08-17 Cut flower perennials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of gladiolus genotypes in Nepal
- 2022-06-20 Expression of ethylene biosynthesis genes during senescence in Delphinium grandiflorum
- 2022-06-20 Performance of dahlia, genotypes for floral and yield attributes
- 2022-06-15 GreenTech making a comeback
- 2022-06-01 'Sea freight replacing air freight is just a matter of time'
- 2022-05-31 IFTEX kicks off, high transport costs talk of town
- 2022-04-14 King Willem-Alexander opens International horticulture exhibition Floriade Expo 2022
- 2022-03-28 A sneak peek of Terra Nova Nurseries' Kniphofia ‘Rocket Jr.’
- 2022-03-03 Linda Hoogendoorn-Veelenturf to complement board of directors Plantarium | Groen-Direkt
- 2022-02-17 All eyes on Red Bentley
- 2022-02-16 De Ruiter East Africa introduces novelties during open days 2022
- 2022-02-09 Green Retail Events to organize the new Plantarium|GROEN-Direkt fair