- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Latvia: Pindstrup Group opens modern wood fibre plant
The total investment in the plant reached EUR 5 million, of which EUR 1.2 million are from the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA), while the rest was financed by the company. This investment will make it possible to significantly increase the production volume and exports while also increasing the number of employees at the company by 25 persons.
"Today I am very pleased to take part in the opening of the new fibre plant of SIA 'Pindstrup Latvia'. It is not just a new plus sign for Latvia’s export balance. It is more than plain tax revenue, more than new added value to wood chips, more than environment-friendly production in Latvia. I would like to emphasize that it means new well-paid jobs,” said the Minister of Finance Dana Reizniece-Ozola during the opening.
Simon Søe, CEO of “Pindstrup Latvia”, expressed his satisfaction with what has been achieved: “The new wood fibre plant is a very important project for the entire Pindstrup Group. It took more than three years to complete the plant, and we are very proud of what has been accomplished. There is nothing like this plant in the Baltics, and it will allow Pindstrup to expand the production of growing media by 30%.”
As part of the opening event, a speed-chess game was set up to illustrate the strategic thinking and tactical manoeuvres that lie behind the decision to invest in a state-of-the-art plant to produce innovative growing media that can help growers optimize their plant production. The Finance Minister of Latvia, Dana Reizniece-Ozola, also a chess Woman Grandmaster, was keen to play the Pindstrup CFO, Tomas Guldberg Hansen, also a skilled chess player, at the opening.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-11 Bee Vectoring Technologies and BioSafe Systems start selling CR-7 products into foliar and soil drench markets
- 2022-12-15 Effects of water balance on cut flower postharvest performance
- 2022-12-12 “It is one of the ‘star shows’ on the Indian sub-continent and across the wider East Asian area”
- 2022-11-30 Jewel orchid’s biological and physiological response to aquaponic water as potential fertilizer
- 2022-11-23 Vietnam: Agricultural sector aims to increase use of organic fertilizer
- 2022-11-16 "First shipment of Russian fertilizer marks breakthrough in global supply crunch"
- 2022-11-15 "Consumers prefer plants with the most flower buds and treated with Largo"
- 2022-11-10 EU Commission addresses availability and affordability of fertilizers
- 2022-10-20 Fertilizer prices down – Surpluses emerge as farmers pull back
- 2022-10-11 Fertilizers and artificial fertilizer replacements from organic waste products
- 2022-10-06 Uralchem to make a shipment of fertilizers to Burkina Faso
- 2022-09-30 Nouryon to acquire ADOB Fertilizers
- 2022-09-29 Poinsettia fertilization in greenhouses
- 2022-09-26 BASF launches Dagonis fungicide to tackle powdery mildew in Kenya
- 2022-09-21 Improving plant growth, productivity, and stress management through seaweed-based biostimulants
- 2022-09-19 The same yield with less water and fewer fertilizers
- 2022-09-14 Flowering in Hylocereus spp.: comparative analysis and self-incompatibility
- 2022-09-09 Can you tank mix water soluble fertilizers?
- 2022-09-07 "Wouldn't it be great if we could compost our herb byproducts onsite?
- 2022-08-30 “The impact of regenerating soil with microbes from food waste is massive”