- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Shinoda trustees award nearly $19,000 in scholarships
“These students represent horticulture’s best and brightest,” said Bob Otsuka, president of the Foundation. “It’s our industry’s duty to grow our future, and we’re proud to play a small role.”
Students from horticulture programs across the nation can apply for the scholarships, with awards bestowed based on carefully reviewed criteria including academics, work experience, career goals, extracurricular activities and need.
2016-17 Shinoda Foundation Scholarship winners include:
Lauren Behrmann, Senior, Texas Tech University, $1,200
Erin Hsu, Junior, University of California, Davis, $3,500
Mary Lewis, Senior, University of Georgia, $1,200
Jaclyn Nelson, Junior, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, $2,500
Gage Willey, Junior, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, $2,500
In addition, Gage Willey received the California Floral Council Scholarship, eligible only to applicants residing in California, in the amount of $1,000.
Since 1965, The Shinoda Foundation has awarded more than $826,250 in scholarships to 673 students.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 "Sales worldwide have been increasing. especially in Japan"
- 2022-01-17 FlorAmor adds Clivias to Flandresse
- 2022-01-13 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2022-01-07 Breeder Wim Declercq celebrates 40 years at Gediflora
- 2022-01-07 Duynplant and Duijn-Hove to continue together
- 2022-01-06 Ecuador: Greenhouse construction Forever Flowers complete
- 2022-01-04 US (NH): "It does not only supplement our seasonal sales, it also keeps our staff busy and greenhouse full"
- 2021-12-20 A peek behind the scenes at Belgium nursery Plantura
- 2021-12-20 The roots of Colombia’s booming flower and orchid industry
- 2021-12-16 "The customer asks for the same product all year round, so that is what we started to grow"
- 2021-12-14 Ecuador: Greenhouses of new alstroemeria farm taking shape
- 2021-12-13 "In the past, organic production meant you’d lose at least 30% of your production capacity"
- 2021-11-26 Luray grower uses topless high tunnels to feed community year round
- 2021-10-25 AU: How a multigenerational family made a ‘flower change’ to Yass River
- 2021-10-22 US (FL): “We built a new shipping warehouse, improving our efficiency”
- 2021-10-21 "Outdoor growing gets more challenging with climate change"
- 2021-10-18 Mexico: “As a smaller company, we are able to prioritize small breeders and their creations”
- 2021-10-08 NL: "Nursery Gebr. Grootscholten is showing the way"
- 2021-10-08 Sowing seeds of passion: Horticulturist turns childhood hobby into niche business
- 2021-10-08 Vietnam: "We are working on a new platform for Phalaenopis trade"