- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Florists from 41 States commit to feel-good campaign Petal It Forward
Map showing the participation florists
For the second year, the Society of American Florists is helping florists spread the message to consumers that flowers are tied to good feelings — and the movement is picking up serious momentum. Only nine states do not yet participate — Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Utah.
A broad support is critical to the overall success of the feel-good campaign, which encourages industry members to surprise consumers with two “random” bouquets, one to keep and one to share, said SAF’s Vice President of Marketing Jennifer Sparks. The local events will coincide with an SAF flower giveaway On Oct. 19 in New York City.
“The more people we have participating on Oct. 19, the better chance of national news exposure and social media,” Sparks said.
The exposure benefits everyone who sells flowers. Last year, the inaugural Petal It Forward event included representation from industry members in 27 states and 44 cities. The campaign reached more than 212 million people, far beyond those who actually received flowers.
Click here for the full article on SAF
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-03 Above All Flowers and New Bloom Solutions will join forces with Black Girl Florists
- 2023-01-31 Brides swapping bouquets for onions as vegetable reaches luxury status
- 2023-01-25 US (MA): Springfield florist already preparing for Valentine’s Day rush
- 2023-01-11 US: 1-800-Flowers.com expands gifting plantform with 'Things Remembered'
- 2023-01-09 From small flower shop to flourishing global enterprise
- 2023-01-04 The rediscovery and lectotypification of Acranthera philippinensis (Rubiaceae)
- 2022-12-09 US: How floral delivery company FTD revamped its operations following bankruptcy
- 2022-12-09 Jung Lee made roses and iris stars of U.S. state dinner gala
- 2022-12-08 Malaysian florist gives unwanted flowers a second chance at beauty with her bouquets
- 2022-11-30 Focus on one single flower
- 2022-11-24 Floward to expand operations in Oman, provide more jobs for Omani youths
- 2022-11-15 "For those who think outside the box and are brave enough not to lose their chances"
- 2022-11-10 US (CA): How rare rose collectors save some flowers from extinction
- 2022-11-03 Homegrown Bliss Flower Boutique opens in Qatar
- 2022-11-03 An RP moab wedding - a collaboration with Ines & Marie
- 2022-11-02 Fav Florist Singapore commits to a charity initiative with nursery home
- 2022-10-31 UK: New heart disease treatment could stem from daffodils
- 2022-10-31 Vestal Nursery once a thriving floral catalog business
- 2022-10-25 The history of giving flowers around the world
- 2022-10-17 Schowerlings flower shop since 1977