The honors included 11 gold awards, six silver awards, and three bronze awards – the most prizes ever for the Flower Show -- in the International Festivals & Events Association competition, which includes entries from the Kentucky Derby Festival, Tournament of Roses Parade, Indianapolis 500 Festival, and major events in Europe and Asia.
The Philadelphia Flower Show was recognized with Pinnacle Awards in a variety of presentation, programming and promotional categories at the IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson awards ceremony held during the association’s convention and expo. The awards for the Flower Show were earned in the following categories:
- Best On-Site Décor (Big Timber Lodge)
- Best Full Length TV Program (6ABC show from the Preview Party)
- Best New Merchandise (Flower Show Teddy Bear)
- Best Sponsor Partner (National Park Service)
- Best Single New Sponsorship Opportunity (FTD – International Women’s Day)
- Best Children’s Programming (Junior Ranger program)
- Best Community Outreach Program (PHS LandCare)
- Best Event/Program to Benefit a Cause (Preview Party/City Harvest)
- Best New Promotion Activity (Bloom Philly Festival)
- Best Money-Making Idea (Butterflies Live)
- Best Overall Merchandising Program
- Best TV Promotion
- Best Event Video
- Best Miscellaneous Multimedia (Fido Friday video)
- Best Company Image Pieces
- Best Sponsorship Program for Individual Sponsor (Bank of America)
- Best Miscellaneous Clothing
- Best Educational Program (Find Your Park Pavilion)
- Best Vendor Supplier (Klip Collective)
- Best Media Relations Campaign
The Philadelphia Flower Show also was chosen this year by the American Bus Association’s Destinations magazine as one of the “Best of the Best Travel Suppliers,” and the 2017 event will be an extraordinary attraction for tour groups.
Tickets are now on sale for the 2017 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, “Holland: Flowering the World,” which will celebrate the beauty and ingenuity of Dutch culture, from vivid flower fields to innovative eco-design, on March 11 to 19, 2017, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
In anticipation of the “Holland” show, PHS will “Flower Philly” on Thursday, October 20, by planting 20,000 bulbs on the Ben Franklin Parkway, JFK Boulevard, and around PHS headquarters at 20th and Arch Streets. Volunteers from area corporations, schools, and businesses will participate in the mass planting of the bulbs, which are being donated by Breck’s Bulbs. The plantings will create a gorgeous display of blooms in early Spring 2017.
For more information: