- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
In biennial address
US: SAF CEO shares good economic news - and caveats
That was a message Society of American Florists’ CEO Peter Moran delivered last month when he presented his biennial State of the Industry Address at SAF Maui 2016.
“There is general consensus among economists that the consumer goods sector is a healthy force in the economy today and that bodes well for the floral industry which is so dependent on consumer spending,” Moran said. “The economy has certainly come further than most people realize.”
Moran noted that the private sector has added jobs for 74 consecutive months just under 15 million new jobs, which is the longest period of sustained growth on record. Read more.
“Unemployment, which peaked at 10 percent in 2009, the highest it has been since 1983 is now at 5 percent,” he said. “The budget deficit has fallen by roughly one trillion dollars. And overall U.S. economic growth while still anemic, has significantly out-paced that of every other advanced nation.”
Still, Moran noted, many variables, and significant challenges, remain for business owners trying to forecast the future — not least among them the looming presidential election.
Click here to read the complete article at SAF.org.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 Kenya: "Valentine's Day production and prices lower than usual"
- 2023-02-01 "Iran needs to expand its growth in flowers shipment through Persian Gulf states market"
- 2023-02-01 AU: "It will be a year of weddings featuring colorful, natural, and sustainable flower arrangements"
- 2023-02-01 "If 2022 was the year of consolidation, hopefully 2023 will be the year of growth and 'normality' again"
- 2023-01-31 Miley Cyrus' new single 'Flowers' prompts massive boost in flower sales at Lidl
- 2023-01-31 Iran: More than 100 types of flowers and ornamental plants produced in Pakdasht
- 2023-01-30 US (PA): Local florists prep for the year’s busiest day
- 2023-01-30 France is preparing a law allowing the industry to better negotiate with retailers
- 2023-01-30 Predictions for Valentine's Day 2023 are mixed
- 2023-01-30 Chinese New Year flowers gain traction in Chongqing
- 2023-01-30 Mexico: Supply chain disruptions pose threat to flower industry
- 2023-01-27 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 India: J&K Govt approves Rs 39 Cr mega project to boost commercial floriculture
- 2023-01-25 Carex proves to be problem-solving perennials for the home landscape
- 2023-01-25 "Khuzestan can be a hub of flower and ornamental plant production in Iran"
- 2023-01-23 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation
- 2023-01-23 India: Joint Kisan Manch seeks policy for farmers and horticulturists in Himachal
- 2023-01-23 Vietnam: Tet flower sales reveal fertile floriculture market
- 2023-01-23 UK: Nursery, registration, and supervision requirements to move or send plants for planting to the EU or Northern Ireland for non-commercial purposes
- 2023-01-20 Italy: "Export grows, and the trade balance is doing well"