- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
HortiContact Tour, February 14-15:
Two-day excursion to innovative Dutch greenhouses
This two-day excursion is being arranged by Uniglobe Westland Business Travel, In Greenhouses magazine and the organisers of the trade fair HortiContact (Tuesday 14 to Thursday 16 February 2017 in Evenementenhal, Gorinchem). The programme broadly includes: visiting leading companies (specialised in cut flowers, pot plants and greenhouse vegetables), presentations by researchers and lecturers at renowned knowledge institutes and, of course, a visit to the trade fair, HortiContact.
The first day of the two-day program will include visits to nurseries and research centres. One of the greenhouses that participants will visit on the first day is an innovative vegetable grower in the Bleiswijk area – conveniently located in a region famous for its greenhouse industry. Another is the chrysanthemum company Arcadia which in 2015 opened a new greenhouse in De Lier. This company is a pioneer in Next Generation Growing and plant health. Sion Orchids - also in De Lier – is seen as an innovative producer of phalaenopsis young plants. The company is internationally active on several continents.
The research facilities of Wageningen University & Research (Department of Greenhouse Horticulture) and Delphy Improvement Centre are also located in Bleiswijk. At both institutes visitors can see the latest developments and cultivation trials taking place.
Seminars and exhibition
Day 2 takes place in Gorinchem, some 35 km east of Rotterdam. The HortiContact exhibition will be the site for some captivating presentations by researchers from Wageningen University & Research: Ep Heuvelink will discuss the fascinating world of plant physiology and Frank Kempkes will present the latest university project on greenhouse construction: the winter light greenhouse.
Afterwards the group will be invited to lunch and in the afternoon can attend the trade fair. With an average of 450-500 participants, HortiContact is the largest and best rated meeting place for greenhouse horticulture in the Netherlands. On both days the organisers will arrange an evening dinner.
Thanks to the support from various sponsors participation in the HortiContact Tour is free of charge. International growers will need to arrange and pay for their own trip to the Netherlands and accommodation. However, participants can take advantage of hotel discounts and airport transfers arranged by the organisers. Transport during the two-day excursion will take place via coach. Don’t wait too long to sign up because the number of places is limited.
For more information, or to sign up, go to www.horticontacttour.nl. Provide background information on your career and greenhouse operation, such as size, crops and location. Suppliers, students and consultants are not admitted on the bus, likewise Dutch growers who are working in the Netherlands for a Dutch business.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 US (FL): TPIE is coming to an end
- 2022-01-20 Penn State Extension hosts greenhouse growers day
- 2022-01-20 Extension classes teach green industry topics to become nursery worker certified
- 2022-01-20 Saudi city dwellers get back to nature on Riyadh floriculture tour
- 2022-01-18 US (FL): TPIE is about to take off
- 2022-01-18 UK: Horticulture, The conference - save the date
- 2022-01-14 A virtual, open discussion about the Floral Marketing & Promotion Order
- 2022-01-14 Upcoming Webinar – Priva's BioLogics for Plant Growth
- 2022-01-13 HortEx Vietnam rescheduled to 1 – 3 March 2023
- 2022-01-13 New partnership to increase skills and talent in Canada’s agrifood sector
- 2022-01-12 Eden Project will be setting for Sky Arts competition
- 2022-01-12 TPIE is happening in person
- 2022-01-12 Rose Parade: FTD decorates vintage cars with 8,000 flower stems
- 2022-01-12 World Expo 2020 Dubai highlights Dutch horticulture technique
- 2022-01-11 NL: Bom Group builds world's tallest greenhouse at Floriade
- 2022-01-11 "Novice and experienced gardeners are looking for tips to improve their skills"
- 2022-01-11 US (MD): MANTS welcomes more than 5,700 attendees
- 2022-01-11 Taipei’s 2022 flower show season begins with camellias
- 2022-01-07 Dare to bloom: a lesson in collaboration
- 2022-01-07 US (MD): MANTS is coming to an end