- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- AU: "I expect logistics to remain an issue for the coming 3 to 6 months"
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- US: Uncertainty looms over possible flower shortages ahead of Valentine's Day
- Angel Fresh, a fresh-keeping product for fresh-cut flowers
- Modiform now sells only circular thermoformed pots
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Michael Schrader named PMA’s 2016 Floral Marketer of the Year
Established in 1981, this year marks the 36th anniversary of the Floral Marketer of the Year award. It recognizes a floral professional, outstanding in leadership and innovation, who has served the mass-market floral industry with dedication, distinction and excellence.
Schrader was presented the award by 2015 award winner Bonnie Armellini, owner of Gems Group, Miami.
“He is highly regarded personally by coworkers and colleagues and is lauded professionally as a forward-thinking floral designer and a visionary industry leader,” Armellini said.
As director of floral, Schrader oversees merchandising and operations for 99 full-service floral departments in five states and the central design center for Schnuck Florist and Gifts in St. Louis. He has been involved in the floral business for more than 30 years and previously served as chairman of PMA’s Floral Council.
Armellini quoted Schrader’s co-workers who spoke of his personal qualities of passion, good and caring personality, cheerfulness and optimistic warmth, as well as his professional strengths of having both creative and business savvy.
Proof of Schrader’s vision comes from one of his co-workers who spoke of one of Schrader’s business goals to have flowers in every home. “And that colleague has no doubt that he will make that happen, because Schrader has since inspired all his colleagues to the same goal, because that’s what great leaders do. They inspire,” Armellini said, quoting the co-worker.
“Schrader has made significant contributions to the mass-market floral industry as a volunteer leader, including to this organization,” Armellini concluded.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-19 Marketing challenges in 2022 and how to solve them
- 2022-01-19 “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- 2021-11-24 How digital marketing can boost floral sales
- 2021-11-19 Cut chrysanthemum Ilonka stars in promotional campaign
- 2021-10-26 'Increasing Demand and Satisfaction in the Floral Industry'
- 2021-10-21 Fall marketing ideas for floral businesses
- 2021-10-18 De Jong Plant B.V. expands product range with patio and balcony plants
- 2021-09-09 “New, unique varieties deserve one-off marketing concepts”
- 2021-08-31 “We are overwhelmed by the increasing need for floriculture consulting since the pandemic”
- 2021-08-31 Study on the active role of flower shops in the commercialization of roses in Mexico
- 2021-05-27 Sahid Nahim talks innovation at EMC Go Live Event
- 2021-05-24 New Covent Garden Market’s British Flowers Week is back in bloom
- 2021-05-04 Design thinking within the floral industry
- 2021-04-30 UK: Garden Day back for third successive year
- 2021-04-12 These common houseplants reduce carbon footprint most
- 2021-04-01 Ecuadorian roses now transported upside down
- 2021-03-10 US: How to improve the image of the carnation?
- 2021-03-09 5 inspiring women leaders, business owners in the floral industry tell their story
- 2021-03-05 US: New merchandising program to promote pollinator gardens
- 2021-03-05 No more plastic for potted bulbs