- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Brandkamp on chrysanthemums:
'It's possible to mix all kind of colors'
Brandkamp Management. From left to right: Jürgen von den Driesch, Hubert Brandkamp, Silvia Brandkamp, Hubert Brandkamp senior.
Demand younger generation
A mix of plants in one pot is trendy and the demand for these kind of products has experienced a sharp increase over the last few years. Therefore production of several colors in one pot has taken up more and more space.
According to sales manager J�ürgen von den Driesch, the demand from the younger generation is what makes the mix interesting to cultivate. "In several countries, we see an increased popularity of this product and especially among the youngsters. Therefore it´s possible to mix more or less all kind of colors", says von den Driesch. "Important is to sell them in a colored pot that fits the mix. It upgrades the entire product", he adds.
Even though a grower can play with the color combinations, he has to take into account the pot size. "In the south of Europe bigger pot sizes are strongly in demand, in the middle and the north of Europe smaller pot sizes and smaller plants are desired."
Due to the increased popularity of mixes, the chrysanthemum is not only a product for the autumn season anymore. "In early summer, in June, the sales of these mixes already start."
When cultivating mixed pot chrysanthemums or garden mums, it is essential to combine variety groups that have the same habit, flower time and flower size. And this has been an important goal of Brandkamp.
The Pemba family.
Over the years, Brandkamp has built up its range of pot chrysanthemums and developed the family of Pemba. "This is one example of the extensive breeding range of Brandkamp that has seven colors growing and flowering all absolutely equal. It guarantees an easy cultivation for small pots, bigger pots and window boxes as well."
The Branfountain family
On the segment of garden mums (Multiflora), they now have the Branfountain family. This family, that consists of five colors, is also growing and flowering equally and is suitable for small pots and big container production as well.
During the IFTF in Vijfhuizen, that will be held from November 2-4, 2016, Brandkamp will be showcasing its varieties at booth number C5.03.
For more information
Jurgen von den Driesch
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 "The award is a testimony to the hard work and dedication of our team over the last 60 years"
- 2023-01-20 “Keeping up with the climate extremes in breeding is essential”
- 2023-01-20 “Fragrant garden roses are hot”
- 2023-01-18 “New novelties and recent commercial introductions gained the most traction”
- 2023-01-17 Behind the breeding of Cyclamen
- 2023-01-16 "Meeting our growers personally is very important”
- 2023-01-10 North America: How Rinehart Poinsettia's scored at the 2022 poinsettia trials
- 2022-12-23 "Cyclamen stays among some of the key plants in a flowering potted plant assortment for retailers”
- 2022-12-21 “It is a rose but looks like a filler”
- 2022-12-19 US: Plantpeddler Poinsettia Variety Day in 10 minutes
- 2022-12-19 New GM flower and soybean varieties get USDA’s ‘thumbs up’
- 2022-12-08 “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- 2022-12-05 Jollie's fuchsias family is growing
- 2022-11-30 Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- 2022-11-30 "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- 2022-11-29 New Zealand breeder wins top award at rose trial with 'Allison Scott'
- 2022-11-25 Kenyan grower receives own fragrant rose
- 2022-11-22 “Together we are stronger”
- 2022-11-17 Keep calm and grow on: research to prevent plant stress and stressors before they happen
- 2022-11-14 NZ Rose of the Year: Tauranga rose breeder cleans up Pacific Rose Bowl festival awards