- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Brandkamp on chrysanthemums:
'It's possible to mix all kind of colors'
Brandkamp Management. From left to right: Jürgen von den Driesch, Hubert Brandkamp, Silvia Brandkamp, Hubert Brandkamp senior.
Demand younger generation
A mix of plants in one pot is trendy and the demand for these kind of products has experienced a sharp increase over the last few years. Therefore production of several colors in one pot has taken up more and more space.
According to sales manager J�ürgen von den Driesch, the demand from the younger generation is what makes the mix interesting to cultivate. "In several countries, we see an increased popularity of this product and especially among the youngsters. Therefore it´s possible to mix more or less all kind of colors", says von den Driesch. "Important is to sell them in a colored pot that fits the mix. It upgrades the entire product", he adds.
Even though a grower can play with the color combinations, he has to take into account the pot size. "In the south of Europe bigger pot sizes are strongly in demand, in the middle and the north of Europe smaller pot sizes and smaller plants are desired."
Due to the increased popularity of mixes, the chrysanthemum is not only a product for the autumn season anymore. "In early summer, in June, the sales of these mixes already start."
When cultivating mixed pot chrysanthemums or garden mums, it is essential to combine variety groups that have the same habit, flower time and flower size. And this has been an important goal of Brandkamp.
The Pemba family.
Over the years, Brandkamp has built up its range of pot chrysanthemums and developed the family of Pemba. "This is one example of the extensive breeding range of Brandkamp that has seven colors growing and flowering all absolutely equal. It guarantees an easy cultivation for small pots, bigger pots and window boxes as well."
The Branfountain family
On the segment of garden mums (Multiflora), they now have the Branfountain family. This family, that consists of five colors, is also growing and flowering equally and is suitable for small pots and big container production as well.
During the IFTF in Vijfhuizen, that will be held from November 2-4, 2016, Brandkamp will be showcasing its varieties at booth number C5.03.
For more information
Jurgen von den Driesch
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 All-America Selections presents new regional winners for 2022
- 2022-01-21 Kenya: A peek into United Selections open days
- 2022-01-19 Torenia Vertigo; starting 2022 with a win
- 2022-01-18 What's in a peony name: Sarah Bernhardt, Alexander Fleming and Shirley Temple
- 2022-01-17 Outdoor cyclamen bred for the hot and dry Mediterranean climates
- 2022-01-13 Australia: Iconic flower's genetic puzzle revealed
- 2022-01-13 Six new AAS national winners for 2022
- 2022-01-11 Three new videos present Lazzeri's poinsettia 2022 assortment
- 2022-01-10 Taiwan: New orchid variety bred for ease of cultivation
- 2022-01-10 Suñorita rose garners American Rose Society’s Award of Excellence
- 2022-01-07 Beekenkamp Plants introduces superstar 'Kayla Red' in new poinsettia catalogue
- 2022-01-07 Gene discovered crucial to making crop plants produce clonal seeds
- 2022-01-05 "Why are we breeding such ugly flowers?"
- 2021-12-24 Kenya: Roses and alstroemerias on display at open days United Selections
- 2021-12-23 Growth and physiological responses of seagrape seedlings to salt stress
- 2021-12-17 'A lovely, rare, and updated version of our popular Pulmonaria ‘Raspberry Splash’'
- 2021-12-17 Proven Winners Calycanthus earns Green Thumb Award
- 2021-12-16 “Danziger’s approach to innovation is in the breeding"
- 2021-12-14 “Relocating our breeding from the US to Ecuador has greatly benefited our customers”
- 2021-12-03 Texas hibiscus breeder honored