- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vineland releases inaugural impact report
In 2007, Vineland was a new concept, an independent research organization set up with a focus on creating impact for the Canadian horticulture sector. Impact in this context means acres in the field, shelf space in the grocery store. It means profitable farms and greenhouses, exports, new businesses, jobs and environmental gains.
With $5.3 billion in farm gate sales alone, the economic importance of the Canadian horticulture industry is remarkable. It also brings us the fruits, vegetables, flowers and plants essential to a healthy and vibrant lifestyle. In a global marketplace, Vineland needs to ensure the Canadian horticulture sector remains prosperous and sustainable to safeguard this lifestyle for generations to come. Innovation can help do that.
Today Vineland’s most obvious achievement has been rebuilding the centre into a thriving hub of horticultural research. Almost 100 full-time staff have been added, abandoned laboratories have been renovated and outfitted with the latest scientific equipment and our new pre-commercial greenhouse is full to capacity. This in itself is good news for the horticulture sector but what they are most excited about is the impact Vineland’s work is generating. Horticultural research timelines can be long and commercialization challenging. As Vineland has grown, they have refined their approach and developed innovative processes to keep the impact of research and innovation front and centre. The effort and the investment are beginning to pay off.
Click here to download the impact report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-02 California rains highlight inability to capture enough rainwater
- 2023-02-02 A more natural form of artificial lighting with Perfand LED’s pulse technology system
- 2023-02-02 Air-assisted spraying technology for improved horticultural pest control
- 2023-02-02 "The way forward for UK garden centers is British grown, peat-free houseplants"
- 2023-02-02 Lazzeri won three awards for the best poinsettias
- 2023-02-01 Berkvens Greenhouse Mobility and Buitendijk Slaman are joining forces
- 2023-02-01 Svensson & Agculture enter global partnership
- 2023-02-01 TrayC now available in Italy
- 2023-02-01 Fine Americas adds Northeast sales manager
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-01-31 National Wildlife Federation launches Garden for Wildlife, Inc.
- 2023-01-31 Johnny's Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-30 UK: Squire’s recognizes high standards in garden centres
- 2023-01-30 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-30 US (GA): Tecogen to launch smart hybrid-drive air-cooled chiller at AHR 2023
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"