- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vineland releases inaugural impact report
In 2007, Vineland was a new concept, an independent research organization set up with a focus on creating impact for the Canadian horticulture sector. Impact in this context means acres in the field, shelf space in the grocery store. It means profitable farms and greenhouses, exports, new businesses, jobs and environmental gains.
With $5.3 billion in farm gate sales alone, the economic importance of the Canadian horticulture industry is remarkable. It also brings us the fruits, vegetables, flowers and plants essential to a healthy and vibrant lifestyle. In a global marketplace, Vineland needs to ensure the Canadian horticulture sector remains prosperous and sustainable to safeguard this lifestyle for generations to come. Innovation can help do that.
Today Vineland’s most obvious achievement has been rebuilding the centre into a thriving hub of horticultural research. Almost 100 full-time staff have been added, abandoned laboratories have been renovated and outfitted with the latest scientific equipment and our new pre-commercial greenhouse is full to capacity. This in itself is good news for the horticulture sector but what they are most excited about is the impact Vineland’s work is generating. Horticultural research timelines can be long and commercialization challenging. As Vineland has grown, they have refined their approach and developed innovative processes to keep the impact of research and innovation front and centre. The effort and the investment are beginning to pay off.
Click here to download the impact report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-21 IRTA develops a bioreactor that reduces the handling time of in vitro plant cultures by 80%
- 2022-01-21 Rose breeder interplant Roses celebrates 60th anniversary
- 2022-01-20 “Committed underwriters keep Life In Bloom TV show growing”
- 2022-01-20 Garden center consumer research results and webinar
- 2022-01-20 New construction subsidised for seven greenhouse horticulture businesses in North Holland
- 2022-01-20 Substrate company works with NGOs to kick-start better life for Philippine coconut growers
- 2022-01-20 Dutch nursery growing fast, getting new greenhouse 'plant cultivation-ready'
- 2022-01-19 Machine order from Kurdistan actually human trafficking front
- 2022-01-19 It’s official: Cartonboard can be recycled at least 25 times
- 2022-01-19 Poinsettia grower appreciates six decades working with Agra Tech
- 2022-01-19 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces timing of Q1 2022 financial results and conference calls
- 2022-01-19 Geothermal heat main installation begins
- 2022-01-19 Dutch nursery literally starts over after snowstorm
- 2022-01-19 Dutch startup Thermeleon heats greenhouses with thermal battery
- 2022-01-18 The Shinoda foundation retains the association resource center as management partner
- 2022-01-18 "Always being away and on the road is good for us"
- 2022-01-18 NRF Foundation Board names new chair and adds directors
- 2022-01-18 Dümmen Orange opens new office in Ethiopia
- 2022-01-18 Danziger Live kicks off 2022 with Valentine's webinar
- 2022-01-17 Mise en place: winter preparation for spring success