- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Michael Obwacha, Flora Bene: "Hopefully the USD will not drop"
US election has Kenyan growers worried
Michael Obwacha and Lydia Mutahi at the IFTEX in Nairobi, Kenya
The USA isn't a main export country for many Kenyan farmers. However, they have to deal with this currency as all their procurements are done in dollars, while they make and receive their payments in euros and pounds as a universal currency.
Besides the concern regarding the drop in value of the USD, they also fear for their relationships with foreigners. The election also brought a hot debate on whether the world community will change with the new President-elect. "We have foreign farmers and investors who are also hoping there will be no change in their relationship with their places of work, in relation to the utterances made by the new US president. Especially in the fields of flowers where diversity is very high and people are from different countries, communities, races, religions and even tongues. We have been on the front line at creating a network that binds all the above."
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 NL: How popular is greenhouse horticulture among young people?
- 2023-01-26 India: J&K Govt approves Rs 39 Cr mega project to boost commercial floriculture
- 2023-01-25 Carex proves to be problem-solving perennials for the home landscape
- 2023-01-25 "Khuzestan can be a hub of flower and ornamental plant production in Iran"
- 2023-01-23 UK: Nursery, registration, and supervision requirements to move or send plants for planting to the EU or Northern Ireland for non-commercial purposes
- 2023-01-23 DE: Agricultural Minister of Colombia explores opportunities for cooperation
- 2023-01-23 India: Joint Kisan Manch seeks policy for farmers and horticulturists in Himachal
- 2023-01-23 Vietnam: Tet flower sales reveal fertile floriculture market
- 2023-01-20 Italy: "Export grows, and the trade balance is doing well"
- 2023-01-20 Kenya: “We are hanging in there, but optimistic about 2023”
- 2023-01-20 Iran’s shipments of flowers and ornamental plants surge needs massive output
- 2023-01-19 Hong Kong: Despite border reopening, no budding sales mood among vendors at first Lunar New Year flower market
- 2023-01-19 US (TX): Florists prepare for a profitable Valentine's Day
- 2023-01-18 Iran: Flowers and ornamental plants export increase requires mass production
- 2023-01-18 How to market your floral industry website
- 2023-01-18 Vietnam: Exotic flowers boom for Tet
- 2023-01-17 China: Guangxi's Hengzhou grows into world jasmine center amid rural revitalization, providing 60% of global supply
- 2023-01-16 Production of flowers in greenhouses in Holland
- 2023-01-13 UK and EU work on final deal to end Brexit troubles
- 2023-01-13 Guess what the favorite colors in US are?