- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: Full HortiContact Tour programme announced
On the first HortiContact Tour day (14 February 2017), participants will be visiting several growing and research facilities. The excursion will leave from Rotterdam at 8:00 hours. The first stop will be at 8:30 hours, at tomato grower Jami’s in Bleiswijk, followed by a visit to the Wageningen University & Research (greenhouse department) and the Delphy Improvement Centre at 10:30 hours. Both knowledge institutes will walk tour members through the latest developments and growing experiments.
Next Generation Growing
After lunch, the group will head for De Lier-based chrysanthemum grower Arcadia at 13:30 hours. The company opened a new greenhouse in 2015. They are Next Generation Growing and plant health pioneers. The last visit of the day will bring the group to Sion Orchids at 16:00 hours, also in De Lier. The company is renowned as an innovative producer of young Phalaenopsis plants. Sion Orchids is active internationally, on multiple continents. The day concludes with a dinner.
Seminar & Exhibition Day
The second day will centre around Gorinchem, 35 kilometres from Rotterdam. At HortiContact’s exhibition premises, researchers from Wageningen University & Research will give captivating presentations: Ep Heuvelink will present on the fascinating botany world (9:00 hours), while Frank Kempkes will introduce HortiContact Tour participants to the Winterlight greenhouse; the university’s new greenhouse construction project (at 10:30 hours). A complimentary lunch concludes the morning programme.
From 13:00 hours, participants may visit the HortiContact exhibition. With an average of 450 to 500 exhibitors, it is one of the biggest and most-valued meeting platforms for Dutch Horticulture. The day will be concluded with a standing dinner reception.
The HortiContact Tour is being arranged through a cooperation of the HortiContact exhibition organisation (hosted from Tuesday 14 until Thursday 16 February 2017 at Evenementenhal Gorinchem), Uniglobe Westland Business Travel, and In Greenhouses magazine. Through support from multiple sponsors, participation in the HortiContact Tour is free of charge. Growers from abroad will need to arrange their own travelling and hotel stays. Participants can, however, make use of the organisation’s hotel and airport transfer arrangement.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 US: Webinar - Choosing & scheduling Dianthus
- 2023-01-31 US: Suntory Flowers returns to the Grammy awards
- 2023-01-31 How do flower and vegetable awards influence industry growth?
- 2023-01-27 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show to take place in March
- 2023-01-27 The Garden Electric is the theme of Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2023-01-26 UK exhibitor group ‘largest yet’ at Fruit Logistica
- 2023-01-25 Webinar: 30 perennials you are missing in 2023 (and why you should grow them)
- 2023-01-25 The consumer goods world is back in Frankfurt: Ambiente, Christmasworld, Creativeworld fully booked
- 2023-01-25 Brookdale Treeland Nurseries, Canada, wins AIPH International Grower of the Year 2023
- 2023-01-25 India: Four-day horticulture and floriculture show about to begin at Kadri Park
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-24 US (FL): Floriexpo heads to Fort Lauderdale for expanded 2023 Edition
- 2023-01-24 Spring Festival 2023: Guangzhou flower boat fair revives age-old tradition
- 2023-01-23 Typical Dutch: National Tulip Day
- 2023-01-23 National Garden Bureau offers expanded marketing tools for each “Year of the” crop
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 The 10th international Exhibition AstanaFlora – green gate to Kazakhstan
- 2023-01-20 The Bloom Show takes a new direction in 2023 with collaboration and connection at its core
- 2023-01-20 Fresh-o-Fair organizes 'International Florists Trip' to Ecuador 2023