- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Rose Trial Garden Awards handed out in Australia
The purpose of the Trial Garden is to identify and promote those roses best suited to Australian growing conditions, promote Australian Rose Breeding, provide information on roses to the public and provide feedback to Rose Breeders, growers and retailers.
The trial garden is located within the Adelaide Botanic Gardens. A team of ten independent Assessors judge each rose 14 times in the two-year trial. The judges include garden designers and advisors, gardeners from domestic and public gardens and retailers. The roses are not known to the Assessors as each rose is identified by only a number.
The assessment criteria used involves judging the ‘General Impression’ 30%, ‘Flowering and Flower Quality’ 30%, ‘Pest and Disease Resistance’ 30% and ‘Fragrance’ 10%.
Click here to see the winning roses.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-01 "Large interest for products outside the known product groups"
- 2023-01-31 Queen Genetics expands in North America
- 2023-01-30 "Dianthus Week Colombia: A must for carnation producers, breeders, and traders"
- 2023-01-30 Dümmen Orange launches direct sales of annuals, perennials and pot plants in Japan
- 2023-01-27 "The award is a testimony to the hard work and dedication of our team over the last 60 years"
- 2023-01-20 “Keeping up with the climate extremes in breeding is essential”
- 2023-01-20 “Fragrant garden roses are hot”
- 2023-01-18 “New novelties and recent commercial introductions gained the most traction”
- 2023-01-17 Behind the breeding of Cyclamen
- 2023-01-16 "Meeting our growers personally is very important”
- 2023-01-10 North America: How Rinehart Poinsettia's scored at the 2022 poinsettia trials
- 2022-12-23 "Cyclamen stays among some of the key plants in a flowering potted plant assortment for retailers”
- 2022-12-21 “It is a rose but looks like a filler”
- 2022-12-19 US: Plantpeddler Poinsettia Variety Day in 10 minutes
- 2022-12-19 New GM flower and soybean varieties get USDA’s ‘thumbs up’
- 2022-12-08 “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- 2022-12-05 Jollie's fuchsias family is growing
- 2022-11-30 Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- 2022-11-30 "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- 2022-11-29 New Zealand breeder wins top award at rose trial with 'Allison Scott'