- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (NH): Pleasant View Gardens names first General Manager
“Given the company’s trajectory, we felt it important to have someone leading our day-to-day operations, based on the strategy I’ve directed,” confirms Pleasant View’s president and CEO, Henry Huntington. “Given Barry’s tenure with the company and his ability to recognize the bigger picture, we knew he was the perfect choice as we continue to grow.”
Since 2009, Vater has functioned as the company’s CFO. As such, he brings a wealth of knowledge regarding the company’s financial picture to his new position as GM. This makes him uniquely qualified, as he has been involved in literally every aspect of the company’s operation and growth.
“Putting Barry in place as our GM was a no-brainer,” exclaims PVG National Sales Manager, Andy Huntington. “He brings the right knowledge, experience, and temperament that will help us improve our operation and, ultimately, help our customers become more successful.”
Vater got his career start as a Senior Financial Analyst with Wang Laboratories back in the early 80s. After that, Vater learned the ins and outs of JIT manufacturing and spearheaded the inventory management system at MKS Instruments in the early 90s. Vater later joined the Nashua Corporation, where he was Controller and Lead Staff Manager for this multi-million dollar specialty coatings manufacturer. And following that, Vater became Corporate Controller for the manufacturer of telephone headsets and amplifiers, GN Netcom. Rounding out his career prior to Pleasant View Gardens, Vater worked at Amphenol Printed Circuits, where he was responsible for the company’s P&L, monthly forecasts, annual budget, and strategic plan.
Building on his experience as a financial juggernaut for nearly 30 years, Vater was then selected as the Chief Financial Officer at Pleasant View Gardens in the fall of 2009.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-02 California rains highlight inability to capture enough rainwater
- 2023-02-02 A more natural form of artificial lighting with Perfand LED’s pulse technology system
- 2023-02-02 Air-assisted spraying technology for improved horticultural pest control
- 2023-02-02 "The way forward for UK garden centers is British grown, peat-free houseplants"
- 2023-02-02 Lazzeri won three awards for the best poinsettias
- 2023-02-01 Berkvens Greenhouse Mobility and Buitendijk Slaman are joining forces
- 2023-02-01 Svensson & Agculture enter global partnership
- 2023-02-01 TrayC now available in Italy
- 2023-02-01 Fine Americas adds Northeast sales manager
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-01-31 National Wildlife Federation launches Garden for Wildlife, Inc.
- 2023-01-31 Johnny's Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-30 UK: Squire’s recognizes high standards in garden centres
- 2023-01-30 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-30 US (GA): Tecogen to launch smart hybrid-drive air-cooled chiller at AHR 2023
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"