- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
- "This strategic partner powerfully strengthens our logistics capability"
- Rare plants accidentally sold at Lidl and B&Q being listed online for thousands
- Syngenta Crop Protection acquires two bioinsecticides from UK developer
- PanAmerican Seed continues charitable give-back
- CAN: Trucker shortages increase
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
The basics of plant respiration
They use the carbon dioxide (CO2) from the environment to produce sugars and oxygen (O2), which can later be utilized as a source of energy. While photosynthesis takes place in the leaves and stems only, respiration occurs in the leaves, stems and roots of the plant. The process of respiration is represented as follows:
C6H12O6 + 6O2 → 6CO2 + 6H2O + 32 ATP (energy)
As with photosynthesis, plants get oxygen from the air through the stomata. Respiration takes place in the mitochondria of the cell in the presence of oxygen, which is called "aerobic respiration". In plants, there are two types of respiration: dark respiration and photo respiration. The first kind occurs in the presence or absence of light, while the second occurs exclusively in the presence of light.
Read more at PRO-MIX
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Humboldts Secret Supplies presents nutrient solutions for all growers
- 2022-01-24 Effect of plant growth regulators and pinching on flowering characters in gaillardia
- 2021-12-17 Coco peat - the new moneymaker at the Kenyan coast
- 2021-12-13 "The optimal concentration of KH2PO4 enhances nutrient uptake and flower production in rose plants"
- 2021-12-08 Enhancing the quality of chrysanthemum with plant growth retardants
- 2021-11-30 Evaluation of Technosols constructed with excavation debris for greenhouse production of ornamental plants
- 2021-11-24 Nutrient accumulation and environmental risks of biosolids and different fertilizers on horticultural plants
- 2021-11-23 Fertilizer management and plant nutrition guide
- 2021-11-22 Enhanced growth of Hydrangea macrophylla under normal and high pH
- 2021-11-19 FloraLife offers liquid sachets on string for use on FreshSealer bouquet taping equipment
- 2021-11-16 Wide range of specialty fertilizers to be presented
- 2021-11-15 How biostimulants can help plant growth
- 2021-10-22 Fertiliser market price rise: wait or buy now?
- 2021-10-14 New study identifies genes that enable plants to grow with less fertilizer
- 2021-09-29 GreenSwitch: GreenTech Innovation Award 2021 Winner
- 2021-09-23 First liters of organic Nitrate fertilizer delivered to Dutch growers
- 2021-09-14 Effect of biostimulant application on development of pansy seedlings
- 2021-09-13 What do organic fertilizers and residual streams contain?
- 2021-09-07 Study on fertilizers and agrochemicals used in Vietnam
- 2021-09-07 "Fixing nitrogen in plants naturally, with no environmental impact"