- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Supertunia Vista Mini Blue Star is Japanese flower of the year
"Supertunia Vista Mini Blue Star has beautiful bicolor flowers that consist of clear blue and white. That impressive bicolor was stable without fading regardless from spring to summer. It has incredibly high density small flowers. It performs very well and keeps a nice plant form even without pinching. It is well considered breeding in excellent branching, continuous blooming, stable flower color and no deadheading necessary. We recommend this variety to consumers with great confidence."
Small gardens and verandas
Supertunia Vista Mini Blue Star has been sold by Proven Winners Japan since spring 2016. It is has been also sold in North America and Europe as Supertunia Violet Star Charm under Proven Winners.
It is Supertunia Vista's 10th anniversary in 2017 since its first variety, Vista Pink, was unveiled in Japan. As of December 2016, there are 11 varieties in the series. Six of them are vigorous landscape plants and perform well in large containers. The other five, including Supertunia Vista Mini Blue Star, are categorized to Vista mini which has dense branching and flowers.
They are suitable for growing in small to medium containers, so they fit small gardens and verandas, which are found a lot in Japan. Most of Japan has its rainy season in June and then sultry summer nights which consume a lot of "energy" of plants. Supertunia Vista is even suitable for such a harsh climate.
For more information:
Hakusan co., Ltd
Marketing Div. Marketing Manager
+81 561 75 5777
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 "The award is a testimony to the hard work and dedication of our team over the last 60 years"
- 2023-01-20 “Keeping up with the climate extremes in breeding is essential”
- 2023-01-20 “Fragrant garden roses are hot”
- 2023-01-18 “New novelties and recent commercial introductions gained the most traction”
- 2023-01-17 Behind the breeding of Cyclamen
- 2023-01-16 "Meeting our growers personally is very important”
- 2023-01-10 North America: How Rinehart Poinsettia's scored at the 2022 poinsettia trials
- 2022-12-23 "Cyclamen stays among some of the key plants in a flowering potted plant assortment for retailers”
- 2022-12-21 “It is a rose but looks like a filler”
- 2022-12-19 US: Plantpeddler Poinsettia Variety Day in 10 minutes
- 2022-12-19 New GM flower and soybean varieties get USDA’s ‘thumbs up’
- 2022-12-08 “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- 2022-12-05 Jollie's fuchsias family is growing
- 2022-11-30 Healthy seeds, and good germination with Plasma Activated Water seed treatment
- 2022-11-30 "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- 2022-11-29 New Zealand breeder wins top award at rose trial with 'Allison Scott'
- 2022-11-25 Kenyan grower receives own fragrant rose
- 2022-11-22 “Together we are stronger”
- 2022-11-17 Keep calm and grow on: research to prevent plant stress and stressors before they happen
- 2022-11-14 NZ Rose of the Year: Tauranga rose breeder cleans up Pacific Rose Bowl festival awards