- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
Top 5 -yesterday
- AU: "I expect logistics to remain an issue for the coming 3 to 6 months"
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- US: Uncertainty looms over possible flower shortages ahead of Valentine's Day
- Angel Fresh, a fresh-keeping product for fresh-cut flowers
- Modiform now sells only circular thermoformed pots
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Fairweather’s turns pink with new LED lights
Initial results of tissue culture plants weaned from the laboratory in week 40 are very encouraging with plants establishing very evenly under lights that extend the day to 14 hours with 50umol of light intensity. This will enable the nursery to produce one or 2 more crops from the same space during the year. Plants receiving less intense lighting on adjacent beds are also responding so they are experimenting with different light intensities.
The pink glow from the glasshouses attracted the attention of a neighbour who questioned whether the nursery had gone into marijuana production. "The answer was no, but then it might be more profitable than growing garden plants!"
For more information
Fairweather’s Wholesale Nursery
Tel:+44 01590 612307
Fax: +44 01590 612519
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 "Sales worldwide have been increasing. especially in Japan"
- 2022-01-17 FlorAmor adds Clivias to Flandresse
- 2022-01-13 "Overseas expansion is certainly an option"
- 2022-01-07 Breeder Wim Declercq celebrates 40 years at Gediflora
- 2022-01-07 Duynplant and Duijn-Hove to continue together
- 2022-01-06 Ecuador: Greenhouse construction Forever Flowers complete
- 2022-01-04 US (NH): "It does not only supplement our seasonal sales, it also keeps our staff busy and greenhouse full"
- 2021-12-20 A peek behind the scenes at Belgium nursery Plantura
- 2021-12-20 The roots of Colombia’s booming flower and orchid industry
- 2021-12-16 "The customer asks for the same product all year round, so that is what we started to grow"
- 2021-12-14 Ecuador: Greenhouses of new alstroemeria farm taking shape
- 2021-12-13 "In the past, organic production meant you’d lose at least 30% of your production capacity"
- 2021-11-26 Luray grower uses topless high tunnels to feed community year round
- 2021-10-25 AU: How a multigenerational family made a ‘flower change’ to Yass River
- 2021-10-22 US (FL): “We built a new shipping warehouse, improving our efficiency”
- 2021-10-21 "Outdoor growing gets more challenging with climate change"
- 2021-10-18 Mexico: “As a smaller company, we are able to prioritize small breeders and their creations”
- 2021-10-08 NL: "Nursery Gebr. Grootscholten is showing the way"
- 2021-10-08 Sowing seeds of passion: Horticulturist turns childhood hobby into niche business
- 2021-10-08 Vietnam: "We are working on a new platform for Phalaenopis trade"