- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Denny Benerget, Benerget Greenhouses:
"Bloom makes the fertilizer work better"
“When it comes to snake oil, I’ve seen it all!” With 40 years in the business, and a family ancestry spanning five generations of growers (stretching back to Germany – before the family came to the States), it’s safe to say that Denny truly has seen it all. “Unlike those snake oil products, Holganix really does work!”
Left plant treated with Holganix, right treated with Denny's usual program
Benerget Greenhouses features 60,000 square feet of greenhouse space used to grow flowers. Denny typically sells plants wholesale and retail with a focus on delivering to organizations like churches.
“We deliver products that no one else has or better than anyone else. We also strive on service and deliver plants when the customer wants it and where. That’s part of what makes Benerget so special.”
Reducing nitrogen fertilizers by 10 - 15%
Denny has been using Holganix Bloom as a complement to his fertilizer program on poinsettias.
“Bloom makes the fertilizer work better,” explains Denny. “That’s why we can use less of it.” So far, Denny has decreased nitrogen fertilizers by 10-15%.
Now that he feels comfortable with the product, he plans to further explore nitrogen reductions.
Left plant treated with Denny's usual program, right treated with Holganix. Please note that the ruler is propped up against the plant and that the reading is skewed.
Reducing fungicides by 30%
“One of the big things we’ve noticed is that we’ve used less fungicides with Bloom. In fact, we’ve used less fungicides than ever before.” So far, Denny has cut fungicides by 30%. Keep in mind, that poinsettias require heavy doses of preventative fungicides because of their tricky growing season which features shortened growing days in the fall and winter.
Part of the reason why Denny can use fewer fungicides is due to root development. “We monitored root development heavily,” explains Denny. Poinsettias are prone to root disease, especially early in the plant’s development.
Improving the developmental state of the plant
At the end of the day, Holganix has improved the developmental state of the plant. That means the plant both matures earlier and stays in peak conditions longer.
It’s crucial for poinsettias to be as developed as possible before the Holiday season. Because the plant is matured,
“Holganix places me in a better position to sell something lush.”
For more information:
54 Conchester Rd.
Glen Mills, PA
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-26 Humboldts Secret Supplies presents nutrient solutions for all growers
- 2022-01-24 Effect of plant growth regulators and pinching on flowering characters in gaillardia
- 2021-12-17 Coco peat - the new moneymaker at the Kenyan coast
- 2021-12-13 "The optimal concentration of KH2PO4 enhances nutrient uptake and flower production in rose plants"
- 2021-12-08 Enhancing the quality of chrysanthemum with plant growth retardants
- 2021-11-30 Evaluation of Technosols constructed with excavation debris for greenhouse production of ornamental plants
- 2021-11-24 Nutrient accumulation and environmental risks of biosolids and different fertilizers on horticultural plants
- 2021-11-23 Fertilizer management and plant nutrition guide
- 2021-11-22 Enhanced growth of Hydrangea macrophylla under normal and high pH
- 2021-11-19 FloraLife offers liquid sachets on string for use on FreshSealer bouquet taping equipment
- 2021-11-16 Wide range of specialty fertilizers to be presented
- 2021-11-15 How biostimulants can help plant growth
- 2021-10-22 Fertiliser market price rise: wait or buy now?
- 2021-10-14 New study identifies genes that enable plants to grow with less fertilizer
- 2021-09-29 GreenSwitch: GreenTech Innovation Award 2021 Winner
- 2021-09-23 First liters of organic Nitrate fertilizer delivered to Dutch growers
- 2021-09-14 Effect of biostimulant application on development of pansy seedlings
- 2021-09-13 What do organic fertilizers and residual streams contain?
- 2021-09-07 Study on fertilizers and agrochemicals used in Vietnam
- 2021-09-07 "Fixing nitrogen in plants naturally, with no environmental impact"