- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Hoogenboom Alstroemeria starts using Philips GreenPower LED
Alstroemeria growers benefit from hybrid lighting
Ries Neuteboom, Key Account Manager for Philips Horticulture LED Systems said “More and more alstroemeria growers are choosing hybrid lighting as growing alstroemerias require both light and heat at the same time. Hybrid lighting systems with a combination of LED and Philips SON‑T lighting answers the need to control heat and light separately allowing the grower to grow better crops, year-round with greater control over growing conditions while reducing energy costs.”
Grower Dick Hoogenboom opted for 50-μmol LED lamps providing him better climate management as well as flexibility to manage lights and heat independently. "Our 100-umol Philips SON-T installation was already quite powerful, but I wanted to be able to provide even more light so that I can improve quality even more. The initial results appear to be positive. The crop is growing well and the production also looks excellent," said Dick Hoogenboom.
Hoogenboom Alstroemeria will use light recipes specially designed by Philips Lighting to support its growing strategy. Philips Lighting has invented specific light recipes for specific crops to help growers further enhance their crop results. Using a recipe, a grower can steer specific plant characteristics, from compactness, color intensity and branch development to flowering to improve results. The company’s light recipe knowledge has been developed over many years of cooperation with growers, university, and research sites to enhance growth.
For more information:
Daniela Damoiseaux, Global Marcom Manager
Horticulture LED SolutionsT: +31 6 31 65 29 69
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 Lesson from masterclass: Crop lighting doesn't always work
- 2023-01-20 AirBlow system blows air into the floor, increasing efficiency of underfloor heating
- 2023-01-17 "Uniform lighting is essential for growing a consistent crop"
- 2023-01-13 Dutch orchid grower replaces SON-T with LEDs
- 2023-01-12 System gives roots extra oxygen: "It's actually a small water purification system"
- 2023-01-02 Towards smarter sustainable plant health choices in resources and technology
- 2022-12-23 "Even during the pandemic, the market demand for dataloggers has not declined"
- 2022-12-22 "Autonomous farm is just over the horizon"
- 2022-12-20 Is a fan without a wire guard more energy efficient?
- 2022-12-19 Natural, plant-based air purifiers? This bioengineered houseplant can clean pollutants from the air
- 2022-12-16 How developed is automation in greenhouse horticulture?
- 2022-12-14 "5 benefits of data-driven growing for high-tech greenhouse"
- 2022-12-09 How growers are gaining the advantage by adopting SaaS technology
- 2022-12-08 Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- 2022-12-06 Photonics can help horticulture to measure faster and more reliably
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-11-30 Now also weather data in the Irrigation Management App
- 2022-11-24 The hydrophilic character of anticondens improves light incidence
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-11 Finding the balance to improve crop performance maintaining high energy efficiency levels