- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
- Commercial Director - ROA (To be based in Malaysia)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Disney festival highlights the “Magic of Seed”
Representing the American Seed Trade Association (ASTA), plant breeders Jessie Alt, DuPont Pioneer, and Eric Hoeft, HM.Clause, delivered a series of presentations on the “Magic of Seed” during the festival’s opening week. March 1-2. The presentations discussed the connection between better seed and better life, and the role of plant breeders as problem-solvers – addressing everything from farmer to home-gardener needs, like combating pests, weeds and disease; environmental challenges, like the wise use of natural resources; and consumer needs, like better taste, nutrition and appearance.
The 2017 festival also features an ASTA garden visually depicting the evolution of popular vegetables and flowers over the years, thanks to plant breeding. The garden will be displayed outside the Land Pavilion through May. Check out photos from the event.
For more information:
American Seed Trade Association
1701 Duke Street, Ste. 275
Alexandria, VA 22314
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-07-23 Abundance of growth opportunities in Eastern Europe
- 2021-07-22 Lazzeri presents new videos of the "Collection Spring-Summer 2022"
- 2021-07-19 US: Proposal to exempt plants with additional genetic modifications
- 2021-07-16 Evanthia x Celosia: "from seed to success"
- 2021-07-16 How breeders respond to the many developments in rose and clematis demand
- 2021-07-15 Colombia: 250+ Deliflor varieties at Delishow 2021
- 2021-07-14 US (NC): training students for growing jobs in plant science
- 2021-07-14 Attracting the best PhD students for solid plant breeding research
- 2021-07-14 Study on biological significance of regulating iron loading during seed development
- 2021-07-13 "Proud to be the first company in the Colombian floriculture industry with this certification"
- 2021-07-12 Vineland welcomes inaugural members in new urban greening innovation initiative
- 2021-07-12 A new rose for the Faculty of Forestry in Belgrade
- 2021-07-12 The Nevada Fern journey
- 2021-07-09 Colombia: New Ambassador visits Royal Van Zanten
- 2021-07-05 US: Texas grocer to offer limited run of AgriLife Research-bred hibiscus
- 2021-07-02 Mexico takes steps to better protect plant breeders' rights
- 2021-06-28 US: ‘Aphrodite’ Calycanthus receives Theodore Klein Plant Award
- 2021-06-25 Germany: Royal Estelle Plant 'n' Relax wins the Golden Rose in Baden-Baden 2021
- 2021-06-25 See Brandkamp's new highlights in this video
- 2021-06-25 "Speechless is a gamechanger in the Intermediate category"