- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
Swedish grower upgrades greenhouse with LED-based lighting solution
To help Hällnäs Handelsträdgård achieve their goals of increasing year-round, consistent crop production, Fluence developed lighting solutions specific to their unique growing conditions just south of the Arctic Circle in Northern Sweden. To learn more, and to get a behind-the-scenes look into Hällnäs Handelsträdgård’s operation, visit http://fluence.science/hallnas
“We are seeing reduced lead times and higher yields under the Fluence LED systems, with finished product quality that exceeds everything we have seen before,” said Björn Isacsson, owner at Hällnäs Handelsträdgård. “Not only have the products from Fluence surpassed our expectations, but the team has proven invaluable with support and services to help our business grow.”
“All we can see are these great results: better quality and more compact plants,” said Philip Stawarz, Head Grower at Hällnäs Handelsträdgård. “Growing with HPS was like it was, lamps on or off. Now with Fluence, life is much more interesting as I can manipulate plants how I want.”
With the addition of VYPRx PLUS lighting solutions, Hällnäs is now able to grow higher quality plants faster during winter (when there is little sunlight), than during the summer due to the improved light intensity and spectrum, and ideal growing environment Fluence lighting solutions create. The company has deployed VYPRx PLUS with PhysioSpec Greenhouse, a broad spectrum for full-cycle plant growth and development, along with VYPRx PLUS with AnthoSpec, a custom narrow-band spectrum which increases anthocyanin accumulation in lettuce. The deployment of AnthoSpec resulted in a deep red color and higher antioxidant properties which were previously unattainable under HPS or sunlight.
“It is a pleasure working with the team at Hällnäs Handelsträdgård as we collaborate to develop solutions which have proven to successfully help them achieve their cultivation and financial goals,” said Nick Klase, Co-Founder and CEO at Fluence Bioengineering. “Every environment and every customer’s needs are unique—that’s why we focus on building deep relationships with our customers to achieve results which are unattainable by any other means.”
In addition to Hällnäs Handelsträdgård, VYPRx PLUS LED systems have been deployed at hundreds of commercial crop production facilities and research institutions worldwide.
For more information:
4129 Commercial Center Drive
Austin, TX 78744
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."