Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Swedish grower upgrades greenhouse with LED-based lighting solution
To help Hällnäs Handelsträdgård achieve their goals of increasing year-round, consistent crop production, Fluence developed lighting solutions specific to their unique growing conditions just south of the Arctic Circle in Northern Sweden. To learn more, and to get a behind-the-scenes look into Hällnäs Handelsträdgård’s operation, visit http://fluence.science/hallnas
“We are seeing reduced lead times and higher yields under the Fluence LED systems, with finished product quality that exceeds everything we have seen before,” said Björn Isacsson, owner at Hällnäs Handelsträdgård. “Not only have the products from Fluence surpassed our expectations, but the team has proven invaluable with support and services to help our business grow.”
“All we can see are these great results: better quality and more compact plants,” said Philip Stawarz, Head Grower at Hällnäs Handelsträdgård. “Growing with HPS was like it was, lamps on or off. Now with Fluence, life is much more interesting as I can manipulate plants how I want.”
With the addition of VYPRx PLUS lighting solutions, Hällnäs is now able to grow higher quality plants faster during winter (when there is little sunlight), than during the summer due to the improved light intensity and spectrum, and ideal growing environment Fluence lighting solutions create. The company has deployed VYPRx PLUS with PhysioSpec Greenhouse, a broad spectrum for full-cycle plant growth and development, along with VYPRx PLUS with AnthoSpec, a custom narrow-band spectrum which increases anthocyanin accumulation in lettuce. The deployment of AnthoSpec resulted in a deep red color and higher antioxidant properties which were previously unattainable under HPS or sunlight.
“It is a pleasure working with the team at Hällnäs Handelsträdgård as we collaborate to develop solutions which have proven to successfully help them achieve their cultivation and financial goals,” said Nick Klase, Co-Founder and CEO at Fluence Bioengineering. “Every environment and every customer’s needs are unique—that’s why we focus on building deep relationships with our customers to achieve results which are unattainable by any other means.”
In addition to Hällnäs Handelsträdgård, VYPRx PLUS LED systems have been deployed at hundreds of commercial crop production facilities and research institutions worldwide.
For more information:
4129 Commercial Center Drive
Austin, TX 78744
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium
- 2023-05-19 US (LA): Curiosity blooms into a flower farm with best bud
- 2023-05-19 Make-upz assortment newest addition to Deroose USA portfolio
- 2023-05-18 NL: Stolk Brothers grow anthuriums peat free
- 2023-05-18 NL: Organic Rose Nursery the Bierkreek decorates The Peace Palace
- 2023-05-18 Rosaprima launches four new rose varieties
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Urban grower helps supply florists and markets
- 2023-05-17 "A step towards a greener future"