- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
June 20-21, Stoneleigh Park
UK: Hort Science Live 2017 to showcase latest production innovations
Created by ICL and Bayer, Hort Science Live 2017 is being hosted by the Bransford Webb Plant Company and run in association with the Horticultural Trades Association (HTA).
With a wealth of IPM experience, Martin Donnelly ICL’s sales development manager, will explain the benefits of using growing media within the IPM programme and the importance of taking a holistic approach.
Staying with the holistic theme, ICL technical manager Andrew Wilson will explain how growers can avoid nutrient deficiency problems by utilising the latest generation of fertilizers employing dual coating technologies.
John Adlam of Dove Associates will lead a practical demonstration calibrating a water powered fertilizer injector. Then, in his session entitled ‘A breath of fresh air – the management of air filled porosity (AFP)’, he will explore the effects of AFP, how to change it and different management systems. Sticking with growing media, Lana Farren of Amega Sciences will explain the principles of wetting agents and why we need them.
Dr Colin Mumford, from Bayer’s technical team, will literally be putting vine weevil under a digital microscope while Lucy Carson-Taylor and Ed Birchall (Animal and Plant Health Agency) will tackle Xylella fastidiosa. Bringing growers up-to-date information regarding this devastating bacterial plant pathogen, they will discuss symptoms and potential pathways into the UK.
“Hort Science Live will give growers an opportunity to interact with leading specialists in growing media, plant nutrition and plant protection – all vital areas of plant production,” says Adam Ferjani, ICL marketing communications manager. “Workshops will focus on the practical application to enable growers to apply these latest techniques and technologies to benefit their own production.”
Hort Science Live 2017 will be held on Thursday, 20 July, at the Bransford Webbs Plant Company, at Bransford, Worcester. Tickets cost £20 and availability is limited. For further information, visit www.hta.org.uk/hortsciencelive or visit the ICL stand at the HTA National Plant Show, June 20-21, at Stoneleigh Park, Coventry.
For more information:
Epsilon House, West Road, Ipswich.
T: +44 (0)1473 237100
F: +44 (0)1473 237150
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2022-06-22 Impatiens Walleriana 'Glimmer Appleblossom' wins Best in Show at New Plant Awards
- 2022-06-21 Aalsmeer flower festival: What to expect?
- 2022-06-21 RHS Hampton Court Palace garden festival
- 2022-06-21 Attendees will tap into consumers’ ‘great expectations’ at SAF Orlando 2022
- 2022-06-21 Ritual of rolling babies in flowers revived in southern Iran
- 2022-06-20 Brace yourselves - GreenTech pictures are here
- 2022-06-20 Expo Flor Ecuador: What to expect?
- 2022-06-20 The roll-out of the Veiling Rhein-Maas customer portal