- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
The Flower Cure at the International Floriculture Expo:
"US: "It’s time to innovate and take our industry to the next level"
From June 14-15, the IFE was held at the McCormick Place, where around 200 companies presented their products and services. David and his colleagues of The Flower Cure visited the show and made the following less-than-a-minute video of their visit:
According to David, supermarkets are looking for new things, quality improvements, new varieties, time saving solutions, better ways to pack their flower bouquets and so on. However, there still seems to be a lot of space to innovate in this industry. "Although Flavatar did a great job with glow in the dark products we believe there is still plenty to be explored."
David and his colleagues assume that there is much to learn from the fruits and vegetable sector. "Last week, you didn’t have to go far to spark some creativity as United Fresh (right next to IFE) offered new ways to pack fruits & vegetables, drew visitors to their booths with well created video content shared on big screens attracting visitors with original samples and so much more, not to mention the amazing APP that was created for the show by IFE."
"Our conclusion: It’s time to innovate and take our industry to the next level"
Large players attract the attention
In general, there was a positive vibe at the show, especially among the larger players in the industry. "We heard a lot of positive feedback from some of the big players at the show, where relationships seemed to be strengthened and new deals were set in motion. Unfortunately, it seemed harder for some of the smaller booths to grab the attention of some of the key buyers."
For more information
International Floriculture Expo
The Flower Cure
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."