Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
August 22, Portland
US (OR): Farwest Nursery Country Tours includes ‘Secret Garden’ visits
Farwest’s annual pre-show Nursery Country Tours takes place on Tuesday, August 22. Tour 3, the retail ‘Secret Garden’ tour, will visit five of the Portland area’s best. Attendees will see style, aesthetic, and plant expertise expressed in ways that reflect the unique character and personality of each oasis stop. Destinations include Pistils Nursery, Thicket Outdoor Living, Joy Creek Nursery, Cistus Design Nursery and Pomarius Nursery. These destinations offer a mix of urban lifestyle garden trends and stunning onsite displays and gardens.
This is a tour that garden designers, nursery managers, and plant merchandisers need to attend. Attendees will leave with inspiration and ideas to take home to their own stores from some of the country’s most progressive retailers.
Pre-registration at www.FarwestShow.com/register.shtml is required. Cost is $99 per person with early bird registration by July 31. Registration after August 1 is $119. Space is limited to 52 per tour.
The ‘Secret Garden’ Tour is a full day from 8am to 6pm. Cost includes luxury motor coach transportation, lunch, beverages and snacks. Check-in is at 7:30am at the Convention Center. Buses leave promptly at 8am and return to the Convention Center at 6pm. (cost includes a 3-Day Farwest Trade Show Pass).
“The Nursery Country retail tour is one of the reasons we are still the premier west coast show,” said Allan Niemi, Director of Events for OAN. “This year’s tour is a retailer’s dream. Tour attendees will see the best of the best. The take away is a valuable opportunity for their professional and personal growth.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar