Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
US: Sakata matches AFE donations during '40 Days of Summer Giving'
For 40 days – July 10 to Aug. 18 – contributions made to AFE will be matched dollar-for-dollar by Sakata up to $10,000. That means up to $20,000 to support AFE's programs that promote and advance the floral industry.
To celebrate its 40th year in North America, Sakata Seed America made a commitment to support 40 organizations in the nutrition, health and environmental sectors that aim to improve life, community and culture throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Central America.
Thus, Sakata's 40 Acts of Kindness initiative was born.
"AFE's dedication to the floriculture and horticulture industries through its educational programs, grants and research made it the perfect partner for this initiative. At Sakata, our passion stems from the fact that great flower and vegetable breeding contributes to the betterment of life for humanity," said Alecia Troy, Senior Marketing Manager at Sakata Seed America.
You can help reach the $20,000 goal by making a donation to AFE between July 10 and Aug. 18. You can give $40, or to heighten the efforts, give $400. Every dollar is matched by Sakata in order to advance the floral industry and celebrate its 40th anniversary.
Visit endowment.org/donate to make your contribution and share your commitment to floriculture on social media using the hashtag #AFESummerGiving.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content