- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Royal FloraHolland closes florists clock in Naaldwijk
screenshot from this Royal FloraHolland video
One florist commented that the whole idea of the clock in Naaldwijk would be that smaller growers, smaller suppliers and specialties would get together at the Florists Clock. But these are just the groups that are affected by closing it down.
He says it's not about being against digitization, or a fear of being unable to find the assortment elsewhere. "But everyone worked hard to make it work, both the people at FloraHolland and the buyers and growers, and it's always been making a profit. So why they would pull the plug... beats me."
Small growers, small buyers
A grower of specialties with a 1.5 acreage, notes that with the clock, she could easily load up a trolley with a variety of plants. "If that's not possible anymore, I'll have to save up, sometimes holding plants for a couple of days until I have a trolley full of them."
Of course it's possible to do things both digitally and on a small scale. "But there's just two of us. We don't have a dedicated sales team, and when I'm at the computer, there's nobody to do the harvesting. This will really affect the smaller growers in particular."
On to clock presales
Florists will now be referred to the export clocks, the florists clocks in Rijnsburg or Eelde (which are to remain open until further notice), and FloraMondo/Clock Presales. "The possibilities for digital and small-scale purchases have improved greatly in these marketplaces," the auction comments in a news release. "We have made them more accessible and cheaper. This has created a digital alternative to the Florists Clock."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- 2023-06-08 UK: The horticultural industry warns of plant shortages for UK gardeners by 2027 if a ban on peat is brought forward
- 2023-06-08 Moving towards real-time pricing in Floriday
- 2023-06-08 Botswana seeks to learn from Kenya Horticulture Trade
- 2023-06-07 Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
- 2023-06-07 Direct cargo flight launched between Kenya and Israel
- 2023-06-06 LED: Europe revokes, North America explodes
- 2023-06-05 US: Hawaii among top 10 states with most floriculture operations
- 2023-06-02 US (OH): Decreased floriculture production in 2022
- 2023-06-02 OptiCept breaks into the forestry cuttings market in China
- 2023-06-01 Dutch growers lose faith
- 2023-06-01 Syria: Safflower cultivation expands in Idlib
- 2023-05-31 Ecuador’s agreements with China and Costa Rica are suspended
- 2023-05-31 EU considers granting drought relief to Spain
- 2023-05-31 UK: Grower warns industry would 'collapse' without migrant workers
- 2023-05-31 US (MT): Floriculture industry blooming with 50 farms on the map
- 2023-05-30 Westland gives three tonne grant to Westland water bank pilot
- 2023-05-30 "Wedding trends you need to know"
- 2023-05-30 'Appreciating flowers' carried out differently in the West and East
- 2023-05-29 “The excess of water and lack of sunshine has strongly impacted the productions from the north of France"