- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
goal: a single digital growers’ platform
Royal FloraHolland and FloraXchange join forces
This cooperation marks the starting point of the creation of one single digital platform for growers. The platform will result in global trading in the floriculture sector to become more accessible and simpler, and hasten the process of much-needed innovation.
One single digital platform for growers
These past few years, the two companies have been working separately at digitalizing floriculture, each using its own systems. As a result, growers often have to enter the same data twice, which is undesirable. The cooperation will lead to an integration, step by step, of all modules a grower uses from both FloraXchange and FloraMondo. The best modules from both systems will be used to create a new global platform where growers can manage their product offerings, orders and logistics. This goes for growers of flowers and growers of plants, as well as members and non-members of Royal FloraHolland.
The platform will be called Floriday.io. Growers can access different trade channels via Floriday.io, such as FloraXchange and FloraMondo. Eventually, a grower should have one single dashboard with which he can sell his products in several ways, be it the auction or direct trade.
Cooperating for further development
The cooperation between the two companies will take the shape of a joint venture. This joint venture won't only set up Floriday.io, but will also seek collaboration with exporting companies in order to further develop the FloraXchange channel. The plan is to turn it into the ultimate channel for trading companies that conduct direct trade with growers. An important goal is to improve the interface between FloraXchange and the systems of the exporting companies. Royal FloraHolland, on the other hand, is going to further improve FloraMondo. This trade channel will focus on the auctioning of both flowers and plants.
While FloraXchange is evolving and improving, it's very important this trade channel doesn't lose its independence and the business models of the exporting companies remain intact. Therefore, the joint venture is convinced that a further digitalization of the floriculture sector can only be successful when the trading companies have a real stake in the trade channel. One of the first things to do is to agree upon - and to put in black and white - who owns the data and in what way the data can be used.
Global, safe and digital trading
Royal FloraHolland and FloraXchange already regularly met up to talk about connecting the different systems they use. At the end of 2016, Royal FloraHolland presented its digital strategy, in which the cooperative stays it intents to invest more in digitalization. This cooperation is proof of that intention. Gerhard van der Bijl, CDO of Royal FloraHolland: "As a global marketplace we are convinced that we can offer all growers and their clients better and quicker digital trading opportunities. Joining forces with FloraXchange is an important step towards realising that goal. We can use each other's knowledge, resources and connections to boost trade in the floriculture sector."
Digital offering of both flowers and plants
"Ever since we founded FloraXchange we've been striving for more efficiency in the floriculture sector by improving the link-up between grower and buyer. A year ago, we decided to change course and become a more open organisation, in the interest of floriculture as a whole. The talks we held with Royal FloraHolland have convinced us that the interests of the exporting companies are safeguarded too. The joint venture feels this is a requirement if you want to significantly improve the sector", states Martijn van Andel (FloraXchange).
Gerhard van der Bijl (CDO) will join the management of the joint venture on behalf of Royal FloraHolland. All day-to-day business of the new platform will be dealt with by the FloraXchange team. You can read more about the cooperation on the website www.floriday.io.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 OptiCept breaks into the forestry cuttings market in China
- 2023-06-02 US (OH): Decreased floriculture production in 2022
- 2023-06-01 Dutch growers lose faith
- 2023-06-01 Syria: Safflower cultivation expands in Idlib
- 2023-05-31 Ecuador’s agreements with China and Costa Rica are suspended
- 2023-05-31 EU considers granting drought relief to Spain
- 2023-05-31 UK: Grower warns industry would 'collapse' without migrant workers
- 2023-05-31 US (MT): Floriculture industry blooming with 50 farms on the map
- 2023-05-30 Westland gives three tonne grant to Westland water bank pilot
- 2023-05-30 "Wedding trends you need to know"
- 2023-05-30 'Appreciating flowers' carried out differently in the West and East
- 2023-05-29 “The excess of water and lack of sunshine has strongly impacted the productions from the north of France"
- 2023-05-29 US (IN): State floriculture sales top nearly $60M in 2022
- 2023-05-29 Iran: Opportunities and challenges in floriculture
- 2023-05-29 Global container production, once experiencing roomy growth, is now in a tight spot
- 2023-05-26 South Africa: Application to protect name 'Cape Flora' and logo approved
- 2023-05-26 NL: Undermining crime in agriculture and horticulture detected
- 2023-05-25 China: Rose plantation promises rosy future for farmers in China's Xinjiang
- 2023-05-25 Iran: Flowers and ornamental plants worth over $1m exported from Kordestan in a year
- 2023-05-25 Nigerian agro exports will see increased air cargo transportation