- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
AIPH IGOTY awards 2018
Calling growers of finished plants and trees
“This past year we got amazing coverage, literally all over the world. The owners and workers were all very excited. We were humbled and it really did motivate us to do even better” Mike Rimland, Costa Farms, USA, 2016 ‘Finished Plants and Trees’ winner.
In partnership with Founding Partner, FloraCulture International (FCI), the awards recognise best practice in horticultural production. In addition to a category for ‘Finished Plants and Trees’ there are also categories for ‘Young Plants’ and ‘Cut Flowers, Foliage & Bulbs’ as well as two more categories, new for 2018.
For 2018 all award entrants will be invited to put their business forward for the new AIPH ‘Sustainability’ award. The award will recognise the best practice and innovation in improving sustainability in areas including water use, chemical use, climate change, energy use, transportation, labour management and social standards. Also new for 2018 is the AIPH ‘Inspiring Business’ award which is looking for small businesses that demonstrate unique qualities and innovation. Grower businesses with less than ten employees (full-time equivalent) can apply.
Earlier this year Gui Zhou Miaofu Urban Horticulture Co. Ltd, China, took home the Gold for ‘Finished Plants & Trees’. Currently a pioneer in nursery stocks production and landscape construction in China with a production base covering an area of 1,500 hectares and an intelligent greenhouse with an area of 70,000 square meters. Every year they have roughly 5 million nursery stocks of different types and sizes in their nurseries for the market, including 56 species and 42,000 modelling plants.
Due to popular demand the awards will again take place during IPM Essen, Germany. The event commences with a drinks reception followed by a gourmet gala dinner and awards ceremony. After the awards, there will be an evening of celebration with live entertainment and international networking.
The deadline for entries is 15 July 2017. Last year ornamentals growers from Colombia, Russia, the Netherlands, China, Denmark, the UK and Belgium were IGOTY finalists.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show