- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (OR): Controversy and innovation for nursery growers
Traveling from Germany, Dr. Löesing will shed light on the ongoing controversy and research surrounding the herbicide Roundup (glyphosate). His talk, ‘Roundup: The Situation in Europe’ will offer valuable insights for US nursery growers. The world’s most widely used herbicide still raises questions related to cancer. The search continues for alternatives but no viable substitute is available at this time. Dr. Löesing’s session will discuss the situation in Europe and research relating to the context of the situation. His talk is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23, 1:30-2:30p, in Room B117-119.
In a second seminar, ‘Machinery Innovation for Field Grown Nursery Production’, Dr. Löesing will look at the challenges for nursery labor presented by physical demands and weather conditions. Automation for field production is one of the future solutions. Dr. Löesing will present new production automation machinery in development and used at European nurseries. This presentation gives an overview of innovations that can be put into practice now at US nurseries. This seminar takes place Thursday, August 24, 8:30-9:30a, in Room B113-114.
Dr. Löesing offers international perspective on hardy nursery stock production. A specialist in the field of pests and diseases, his career has spanned nearly 30 years (and several continents) as a nursery production advisor. He is the author of a reference text on diseases and pests that feed on woody plants and has contributed to multiple publications and studies. Dr. Löesing is currently a senior nursery extension specialist, advisor, and program leader and has been a member of the International Plant Propagators Society since 1987.
For complete information on all education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show