- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
US (OR): Controversy and innovation for nursery growers
Traveling from Germany, Dr. Löesing will shed light on the ongoing controversy and research surrounding the herbicide Roundup (glyphosate). His talk, ‘Roundup: The Situation in Europe’ will offer valuable insights for US nursery growers. The world’s most widely used herbicide still raises questions related to cancer. The search continues for alternatives but no viable substitute is available at this time. Dr. Löesing’s session will discuss the situation in Europe and research relating to the context of the situation. His talk is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23, 1:30-2:30p, in Room B117-119.
In a second seminar, ‘Machinery Innovation for Field Grown Nursery Production’, Dr. Löesing will look at the challenges for nursery labor presented by physical demands and weather conditions. Automation for field production is one of the future solutions. Dr. Löesing will present new production automation machinery in development and used at European nurseries. This presentation gives an overview of innovations that can be put into practice now at US nurseries. This seminar takes place Thursday, August 24, 8:30-9:30a, in Room B113-114.
Dr. Löesing offers international perspective on hardy nursery stock production. A specialist in the field of pests and diseases, his career has spanned nearly 30 years (and several continents) as a nursery production advisor. He is the author of a reference text on diseases and pests that feed on woody plants and has contributed to multiple publications and studies. Dr. Löesing is currently a senior nursery extension specialist, advisor, and program leader and has been a member of the International Plant Propagators Society since 1987.
For complete information on all education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-09 AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- 2023-06-09 India: Secretary of Agriculture Shri. Manoj Ahuja (IAS) visited plant biotech facilities of KF Bioplant
- 2023-06-09 "Many good efforts made by the growers to diversify, pack at source and become more climate resilient"
- 2023-06-08 IFTEX celebrates 10th edition with a party
- 2023-06-08 Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
- 2023-06-08 Anthura's annual customer day dominated by energy transition in the floriculture sector
- 2023-06-07 33rd edition of trade fair GrootGroenPlus with many pluses
- 2023-06-07 Jamaica Horticultural Society's Flower Show 2023 showcased a growing-strong industry
- 2023-06-07 India: Workshop on orchids cultivation in non-traditional areas and intensification in traditional areas
- 2023-06-07 Dümmen Orange presents retail solutions at the Chiba Pack trials in Japan
- 2023-06-07 Papua New Guinea: Goroka to host first ever flower show
- 2023-06-07 Registration open for HTA's National Plant Show 2023
- 2023-06-07 UK: RHS Flower Show visitors set for immersive treat at Tatton Park
- 2023-06-07 Lily Company to showcase full range during Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-06-07 Growing media for ornamental crops
- 2023-06-06 Largest IFTEX to date kicks off in Nairobi
- 2023-06-06 Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- 2023-06-06 NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- 2023-06-05 US (FL): Impressions from Floriexpo
- 2023-06-05 Sunflower sea at anniversary celebration Van Gogh Museum with royal touch