- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US (OR): Potential in the local food movement for garden retail
Arthur’s seminar, ‘Foodscape Revolution: Ecology and Sustainable Management’, sponsored by Green Profit magazine, will underscore the importance of managing landscapes in a sustainable manner for the health of clients, family, community and the ecosystems surrounding the landscape. Soil science is the key. Arthur will explain how microbial activity is the catalyst for healthy plants. Organic products, pollinators, and plants will be spotlighted to give attendees take away ideas. Arthur’s seminar takes place Wednesday, August 23, 8:30-9:30a, in Room B110-112.
Arthur is active in green industry communications through her writing, speaking, film production, and consulting. She revolutionized the notion of the sustainable Foodscape and published her first book on the subject, entitled The Foodscape Revolution. She was honored this year as recipient of The American Horticultural Society’s Emerging Horticultural Professional Award.
Monroe’s seminar, ‘The Importance of Food in the Garden Center’, will point out how young families are dedicated to healthier food choices, and the important role therein for the local, independent garden center. He will explain using upscale farm markets to drive traffic to the IGC in slower months, growing CSA Farm Shares in the greenhouses for winter cash fl ow, and how the local food movement has made garden centers more relevant in the community. Monroe’s talk is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23, 9:45-10:45, in Room B110-112.
Jim Monroe is an advocate and voice in the industry with over 30 years of experience as a propagator, grower, breeder, retailer, landscape designer, and consultant. He is the founder of the Hort Couture plant brand for the Independent Garden Center and the Farm to Table brand, a reproducible opportunity for garden centers to gain market share in the food movement. His garden center, Greenbrier Nurseries, is a fixture in the Top 100 Garden Centers in America.
For complete information on all education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 Over 200 visitors welcomed during Open House Interplant Roses
- 2023-06-02 UK: ‘Heroines of Horticulture’ lauded at Chelsea show
- 2023-06-02 UK: Exbury Gardens to display RHS Chelsea Flower Show award-winning garden
- 2023-06-02 US: Flowers for all 300,000 graves at Arlington National Cemetery
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village