- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Griffin announces seminar program for 2017 expos
The schedule includes two seminars in which attendees may qualify for pesticide recertification credits. The first, “Hot Topics in Pest Control,” is presented by GGSPro Technical Support Manager Rick Yates. In this one-hour session, Yates will review the latest new products and best practices in pest and disease management. He’ll also share reviews on how recent introductions have performed for growers in real-world conditions. “Hot Topics in Pest Control” is an annual staple, and the most heavily attended Expo seminar each year.
In “How to Fight Foliar Diseases,” Yates will lead a deep dive into prevention and control of foliar diseases including Botrytis, Rhizoctonia, fungal and bacterial leaf spots, as well as downy and powdery mildew. Attendees will learn about detailed rotation strategies, cultural best practices and practical prevention tips. This session and “Hot Topics in Pest Control” are geared toward growers at every level, from beginner to advanced.
“Beyond the Plants: The Magical Mad Potter Tour” is a retail-oriented session presented by John Johnston, Griffin’s retail education manager. Expo visitors are invited to discover custom looks in containers, planting vessels and more to differentiate their retail offer in the all-important container-gardening category. Johnston will share examples from forward-thinking IGCs across the country.
Hundreds of new varieties come to market each year, but which of this year’s introductions deserve a closer look? Griffin Business Manager Jeanne Svob will share top picks from the 2017 California Spring Trials in her seminar, “Meet Your Future Favorites: New Varieties for 2017-18.”
The 2017 Griffin Expos will also include educational sessions presented by HC Companies and Dosatron.
The Massachusetts Expo will take place August 23-24, 2017, at the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass. This marks a change of venue for the Massachusetts Expo, formerly held at the Eastern States Exposition Center in West Springfield, Mass.
The Pennsylvania Expo is set for September 27-28, 2017, at the Lancaster County Convention Center in Lancaster, Penn.
Online registration for the 2017 Griffin Expos is now open. For schedule details and to register, log on to http://griffins.com/griffin-expo.
For more information:
1619 Main Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"