- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
So you’ve decided you want a greenhouse…
There are a lot of smart things to plan for before building and constructing your greenhouse. But there’s one very important thing to consider long before you ever break ground or unwrap that plastic: and that’s choosing the best greenhouse location.
Maybe you have a picturesque hobby farm, and that spot you’ve always imagined would be perfect for such a structure. Or perhaps you’re a full-time farming entrepreneur and you’re not too picky about where your structure will go in the long run – just so long as it does the job. Regardless of which, you’ll have to take a good look at your desired spot to make sure that it’s an ideal greenhouse location, and for a number of important reasons.
It’s not just about appearance, aesthetics, or convenience. There’s a whole lot more to an ideal greenhouse location than meets the eye. With that said, Adrian White of Emerald Kingdom Greenhouse takes a deeper look at what these factors may be.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-07 Czech architect CHK recreates greenhouse where science of genetics was born
- 2023-06-06 "Our newly opened Innovation Center recreates highly controlled environment of vertical farming"
- 2023-06-05 US (PA): Sugar Valley Greenhouse counting their blessings, one petal at a time
- 2023-06-01 Amasya Research Institute is trying to bring back extinct Sprenger's tulip
- 2023-06-01 Australia: Ball Mother-stock House meets growing demands
- 2023-05-30 Two new cover additives to balance the temperature between night and day
- 2023-05-30 US (PA): Fire destroys greenhouse in Nippenose
- 2023-05-29 UK: Take a peek in a glasshouse
- 2023-05-24 "Power lies in the marriage between 'ag' and 'tech'"
- 2023-05-24 US (AK): Summer flowers are in full bloom for a project dating back 30 years
- 2023-05-15 US (MA): Araujo Farms in Dighton opens brand new greenhouses to showcase huge array of plants
- 2023-05-11 US (PA): Greenhouse in Lawrence County feeling impact of train derailment, chemical release
- 2023-05-10 UK: Herefordshire nursery plans 70 more acres of pot plants
- 2023-05-10 Turkey: Bilecik municipality fulfills 90% of its flower consumption from its own greenhouses
- 2023-05-09 New addition to LaFarm expands education and farming possibilities
- 2023-05-09 Turkey: 45 hectare flower greenhouse is set up in Erbaa, Tokat with 12.5 million USD investment.
- 2023-05-08 Carnation planting season in Isparta under way for the summer harvest
- 2023-05-08 90% of the ranunculus grown in Antalya exported to Europe
- 2023-05-08 Inside a Dutch tulip farm
- 2023-05-08 Japan: Tohoku growers seek to export more flowers overseas