- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK grower joins IPPS European Conference
Twenty-three-year-old Chris King, who works at Wyevale Nurseries, has been selected as one of 10 students/young horticulturists to be sponsored to attend the conference in Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands from July 10 until 14.
Chris, who lives in Hereford, said: “I am very excited to have won a place in the 6 Packer Award. This is a fantastic opportunity for me to visit some of the leading nurseries in the Netherlands, including Rotjes young plants, Deliflor Chrysanthemums, Alkemade boomkwekerij and many others. Here I will see the latest innovations and technology used to produce plants.
“There will also be presentations from speakers based across the globe regarding the latest production techniques, marketing ideas and technical developments in horticulture. The conference also gives a superb opportunity to network and establish connections with some of the leading horticulturists from around the world.”
“I have been chosen to attend the conference for free in return for a small amount of help during the event.”
The 6 Packer Award was open to anyone under the age of 30, who is currently working in commercial ornamental horticulture or is currently studying to enter the industry. IPPS European Region will cover all reasonable travel costs, board and lodging and conference fees.
Chris, who is originally from Hemel Hempstead, graduated from Writtle College with a BSc in Horticulture in September 2015. Prior to his role with Wyevale Nurseries he worked at Aylett Nurseries in St Albans.
Ben Gregory, Product Development Manager at Wyevale Nurseries, said: “As a previous recipient of this award, I cannot stress how much of a great opportunity this is to make connections with horticulturists around the world and to develop understanding of the latest goings on in the industry.
“I am delighted that Chris has been chosen. He will have a fantastic time and will learn so much.”
“Here at Wyevale Nurseries we are keen to invest in the future of horticulture and this year we also sponsored £600 towards the IPPS 6 Packer Award.”
For more information:
Tel: 01432 845200
Fax: 01432 845227
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show