Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Schiphol Cargo wins best airport Europe award
The annual event, organised by Asia Cargo News, honours outstanding leadership across the entire supply chain, recognising innovation, service quality, customer relationship management, and reliability.
The awards are voted for by readers of Asia Cargo News, and this year over 5,000 industry leaders took part in the voting process.
Rick Ligthart, Customs Attaché in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand & Vietnam, Dutch Customs, was present to accept the award on behalf of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
“This has been an exciting year for Amsterdam, which has seen us launch new initiatives and process record volumes of air cargo, and this award is a reflection of the commitment of our Cargo Community to ensuring we continue to deliver innovative and high quality services to our customers,” said Jonas van Stekelenburg, Head of Cargo, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
“We are delighted that Rick was able to accept the award on our behalf; the support of Dutch Customs at the event speaks of our strong ties with both public and private organisations,” he added.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 Port of Los Angeles handled 688,000 TEUs in April
- 2023-05-31 WFS to boost logistics infrastructure at BLR as perishables trade grows
- 2023-05-25 'Generally stable waiting times for ports in North and Latin America anticipated'
- 2023-05-24 Chrysal expands its services for sea freight of flowers
- 2023-05-23 LATAM Cargo, Kuehne+Nagel and Elite Flower invest in sustainable aviation fuel
- 2023-05-22 Avianca Cargo breaks record in flower transport
- 2023-05-19 LATAM Cargo closes Mother's Day by transporting close to 20.000 tons of flowers during the season
- 2023-05-19 US (NY): Customs at JFK discover live larvae among plastic flowers
- 2023-05-17 Application of antiperspirants to improve the condition of ornamental plants in refrigerated longdistance transport
- 2023-05-17 NL: Flowers won't grow at Schiphol airport as it focuses on cargo quality not quantity
- 2023-05-12 Flowers arriving at Miami International Airport to meet demand for Mother's Day
- 2023-05-12 US (FL): "30% more flower shipments received for Mother's Day 2023"
- 2023-05-10 Air France KLM Martinair Cargo takes next steps in digital commercial approach
- 2023-05-09 UK road transport prices hit April record as double-digit inflation remains
- 2023-05-03 US (FL): "Floral imports on track to this point"
- 2023-04-28 Priority given to flowers in Latin American transport
- 2023-04-27 Turkish Cargo and Avianca Cargo sign an MoU to further enhance their cooperation with global reach
- 2023-04-19 Aero Africa handles first Nairobi-Muscat SalamAir freighter
- 2023-04-17 Shifts in diversity in carriers’ reliability
- 2023-04-12 "With growth in online sales, demand for processing also grows"