- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
NL: Grower in the spotlight: Vreugdenhil Bulbs & Plants
At this moment, the company is run by his son Leen Vreugdenhil and his grandsons Jochem and Wouter Vreugdenhil. Vreugdenhil Bulbs & Plants is one of the larger companies of its kind with approximately 160,000 m2 glass on five locations in Westland, the Netherlands. In one location bulb production takes place and on the other four farms the potted plants are grown.
Since 2010, the grower also has a cooperation with growers of bulbs in Southern Africa. Here, exclusively amaryllis bulbs are grown for the global sales of their pot production and dry sales.
Vreugdenhil is market leader in hippeastrum. The No Water Flowers® are a daunting success in the winter months. These handmade bulbs are in a package of wax and are especially selected for their quality. The bulb has enough energy to grow the flower. The idea was brought up by Greencre8 and co-produced with Vreugdenhil Bulbs in 2012. The point of departure for the development was to produce an easy to care but stylish product. The nursery is constantly looking at developments to surprise consumers, the focus on quality and customer needs has been the focus of the family business since the beginning.
Besides the amaryllis bulbs, Vreugdenhil cultivates zantedeschia on pot, ornithogalum, canna, echeveria setosa and various other items.
Sustainability is paramount at Vreugdenhil. Biological resources are used to combat and/or avoid diseases and lice. In addition, 1200 m2 LED lighting has recently been installed, which means that the grower is in a test phase and intends to extend the led lighting to a larger area. The durable measures of Vreugdenhil are currently labeled with the MPS SQ certificate.
The nursery is a member of Decorum, the growers' association that combines the forces of dozens of quality-selected growers.
OZ Planten is very pleased with its partnership with Vreugdenhil Bulbs & Plants, due to the focus on cultivation of high-quality plants, the nursery has been a good sparring partner for years.
Source: OZ Planten
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."
- 2022-05-05 Vista florist Dos Gringos finds a place in the sun