Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Cargolux adds Quito to its network
Cargolux’s direct flights from South and Central America to Amsterdam were introduced in 2016 and serve the perishable and flower markets, offering customers reduced transit times and a faster delivery that better fits their schedules. Growing the presence in the Netherlands also enabled Cargolux to operate more flexibly in the Dutch export markets for products that are difficult to transport by road.
Ecuador was originally introduced into the Cargolux network in late 2000 and immediately enjoyed the strong support of the freight forwarding community. Since then, Cargolux has offered 17 years of uninterrupted air cargo flights from Ecuador and currently operates four weekly flights that mainly support the markets in Amsterdam and the rest of Europe, as well as China and Central Asia. Cargolux is a leading supplier of airfreight capacity to the Ecuadorian flower markets.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 Port of Los Angeles handled 688,000 TEUs in April
- 2023-05-31 WFS to boost logistics infrastructure at BLR as perishables trade grows
- 2023-05-25 'Generally stable waiting times for ports in North and Latin America anticipated'
- 2023-05-24 Chrysal expands its services for sea freight of flowers
- 2023-05-23 LATAM Cargo, Kuehne+Nagel and Elite Flower invest in sustainable aviation fuel
- 2023-05-22 Avianca Cargo breaks record in flower transport
- 2023-05-19 LATAM Cargo closes Mother's Day by transporting close to 20.000 tons of flowers during the season
- 2023-05-19 US (NY): Customs at JFK discover live larvae among plastic flowers
- 2023-05-17 Application of antiperspirants to improve the condition of ornamental plants in refrigerated longdistance transport
- 2023-05-17 NL: Flowers won't grow at Schiphol airport as it focuses on cargo quality not quantity
- 2023-05-12 Flowers arriving at Miami International Airport to meet demand for Mother's Day
- 2023-05-12 US (FL): "30% more flower shipments received for Mother's Day 2023"
- 2023-05-10 Air France KLM Martinair Cargo takes next steps in digital commercial approach
- 2023-05-09 UK road transport prices hit April record as double-digit inflation remains
- 2023-05-03 US (FL): "Floral imports on track to this point"
- 2023-04-28 Priority given to flowers in Latin American transport
- 2023-04-27 Turkish Cargo and Avianca Cargo sign an MoU to further enhance their cooperation with global reach
- 2023-04-19 Aero Africa handles first Nairobi-Muscat SalamAir freighter
- 2023-04-17 Shifts in diversity in carriers’ reliability
- 2023-04-12 "With growth in online sales, demand for processing also grows"