- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Overall moderate harvest, due to heatwave in May, June:
It's bulb harvest time in the Netherlands
Perfect weather for digging
With their new digging machine they harvest 6 to 7 acres (3 ha) a day. The perfect dry weather really helps speed up the bulb harvest. After digging they dry the bulbs for a week before they start cleaning and grading. Once cleaned and graded in bulk, the bulbs are packed to be shipped overseas, to the U.S. and Canada.
Tulip harvest in the Netherlands
Due to the heatwave in May and June the growing period for the bulbs has been shorter than normal. This results in an overall moderate harvest at all bulb regions in the Netherlands. As shortages are expected to occur, some varieties will be sold out early, so be sure to order on time.
For more information
2191 AD de Zilk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."
- 2022-05-05 Vista florist Dos Gringos finds a place in the sun