The roll-call of speakers taking part in the GrowQuip 2017 Conference, dinner and industry showcase has been enhanced with the addition of Anthea McIntyre MEP, and major sponsors within the industry have endorsed the event.
In addition, the CHA announces that GrowQuip is now registered for BASIS points.
GrowQuip is the cross-industry commercial horticultural conference focusing on the key issues facing growers of fruit, vegetables, salads and ornamentals. Under the banner Equip Yourself for Success, the cross industry event will take place at the conveniently located four-star Stratford Manor Hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire from 1 to 2 November 2017.
The subsidised, all inclusive package for delegates of £265 plus VAT includes entrance to the full day’s programme of distinguished speakers, access to the industry showcase, lunch, dinner with an entertaining after dinner speaker, overnight accommodation at Stratford Manor Hotel and breakfast plus refreshments during the event.
There will be ample opportunity for delegates to visit the industry showcase and network with fellow growers and suppliers during the conference and at the reception and dinner.
The GrowQuip event encompasses a themed conference programme --Equip yourself for success -- which will bring together the best brains in commercial horticulture to provide growers with help in overcoming some of the common challenges they face in the day-to-day running of their businesses and inspiration from a distinguished line-up of speakers.
Amanda Sizer Barrett MBE, Director General of the Federation of Garden & Leisure Manufacturers, will be opening the conference and introducing the speakers. A taste of the calibre of the speaker line-up includes:
- Markus Kobelt of Lubera, Switzerland and Felicidad Fernandez of East Malling Research will deliver a joint presentation, illustrating how countries can work together to produce new varieties which benefit the grower community and the industry.
- George Beach, Managing Director of Mudwalls Farms Ltd, will tell delegates how he has transformed his multi-generational family business into a modern, branded retail and catering supplier of local fruit and vegetables.
- Jack Ward, Chief Executive of the British Growers Association will give an overview of how Brexit is affecting the grower community to date, with particular emphasis on staffing and wages.
- Professor Simon Pearson of LIAT (Lincoln Institute for Agri-Tech), part of Lincoln University, will be speaking about the effects of light manipulation on crop growth and development, including the development and application of glasshouse spectral filters and LED lighting systems.
- Anthea McIntyre MEP will bring the audience up to speed on the results of her Government lobbying and what problems we may be facing on R&D, Pest & Disease and many other horticultural issues connected with Brexit.
This year’s event is held in association with Bulrush Horticulture and headline sponsors to date include XL Horticulture, Hortifeeds, Vitax and MorePeople.
Allied to the conference programme is an industry showcase, where conference attendees will be able to view the latest products and services available to commercial growers from major suppliers to horticulture.
CHA Chairman Pat Flynn comments: “We were delighted with the feedback from the first edition of GrowQuip. This year’s event is a must-attend, cross-industry commercial horticultural conference which provides ideas, diversity and possibly solutions which may come from a different growing sector to your own – equipping you for success, equipping you for the future.”
The two day conference and dinner package, including accommodation with breakfast and lunch, is £265+VAT and industry showcase participation starts at £369+VAT. CHA members receive a 10% discount on delegate packages or industry showcase bookings. Further sponsorship packages are also available on request.
Contact Pat Flynn for details and to book your places at the conference, dinner or your industry showcase presence. E-mail Pat@cha-hort.com or ring Pat on 07778 313623 or contact the CHA secretariat head office on 01959 565995.
Visit the BASIS website for full details of the BASIS points awarded to delegates attending the GrowQuip conference.