- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
August 23-25, Portland
US (OR): Farwest speakers on the future for breeding and plants
Pavlich, Director of New Product Development for Terra Nova Nurseries, Inc., will present a seminar, ‘The Future of Plant Breeding is NOW’, on Thursday, August 24, 2:30-3:30pm, in Room B110-112. Sponsored by Terra Nova Nurseries, Inc., Pavlich, through his world travels, will share outlooks on consumer trends and demands for breeding and propelling North American natives into the international market.
Educated at Washington State University, Pavlich has worked in the retail nursery business for 30 years. He is gifted at finding mutations in the wild and from nursery crops. At Terra Nova, Pavlich is responsible for new ideas for breeding, overseeing the breeding process, and shepherding new products to the world perennial market.
Hobbs is Head of Research & Development Department at Hillier Nurseries. His talk, ‘Plants From Across the Pond’, highlights the latest plants from the UK and PlantHaven International being brought to market by Hillier Nurseries. His seminar takes place Thursday, August 24, 12:30-1:30pm, in Room B110-112.
Over his 30+ year career, Hobbs has worked with every category of hardy garden plants and trees. At Hillier Nurseries, his breeding focuses on plants that perform from the garden gate to parks, botanical gardens and the greater urban landscape.
For complete information on all Education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-09 AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- 2023-06-09 India: Secretary of Agriculture Shri. Manoj Ahuja (IAS) visited plant biotech facilities of KF Bioplant
- 2023-06-09 "Many good efforts made by the growers to diversify, pack at source and become more climate resilient"
- 2023-06-08 IFTEX celebrates 10th edition with a party
- 2023-06-08 Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
- 2023-06-08 Anthura's annual customer day dominated by energy transition in the floriculture sector
- 2023-06-07 33rd edition of trade fair GrootGroenPlus with many pluses
- 2023-06-07 Jamaica Horticultural Society's Flower Show 2023 showcased a growing-strong industry
- 2023-06-07 India: Workshop on orchids cultivation in non-traditional areas and intensification in traditional areas
- 2023-06-07 Dümmen Orange presents retail solutions at the Chiba Pack trials in Japan
- 2023-06-07 Papua New Guinea: Goroka to host first ever flower show
- 2023-06-07 Registration open for HTA's National Plant Show 2023
- 2023-06-07 UK: RHS Flower Show visitors set for immersive treat at Tatton Park
- 2023-06-07 Lily Company to showcase full range during Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-06-07 Growing media for ornamental crops
- 2023-06-06 Largest IFTEX to date kicks off in Nairobi
- 2023-06-06 Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- 2023-06-06 NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- 2023-06-05 US (FL): Impressions from Floriexpo
- 2023-06-05 Sunflower sea at anniversary celebration Van Gogh Museum with royal touch