- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- Dutch growers lose faith
- Australia: Ball Mother-stock House meets growing demands
- "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- "New substrate fiber fits into the future of cultivation"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US: Sakata starts 40 Days of Summer Giving
Earlier this year, Sakata announced their ‘40 Acts of Kindness’ initiative, intended to honor this milestone by strengthening their commitment to social responsibility and working with forty charitable organizations in 2017. A major example being 40 Days of Summer Giving, in which Sakata has partnered with American Floral Endowment to match dollar-for-dollar donations up to $10,000. All donations go toward the support of floriculture programs and Sakata’s goal is to reach $20,000 between July 10th and August 8th – 40 full days of giving.
In addition, Sakata is supporting the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge with its goal to register a million public and private gardens and landscapes to support pollinators. This campaign, led by AmericanHort, directs donations towards stewardship programs, funding research and spreading the buzz about pollinators to the horticulture community.
Sakata is also supporting and participating in Petal It Forward this October 11th. The program was established by Society of American Florists and saw great success in its first year, randomly surprising people in 234 cities in 50 states across the US with flowers. Each unknowing person is gifted two bunches of flowers, one to keep for themselves, and one to give away to someone else. You just may find Sakata staff on the streets of Morgan Hill and Salinas, CA, spreading kindness and adding beauty to someone’s day.
Sakata also released a new 40th Anniversary video, which illustrates the company’s expansion of infrastructure over the last forty years and exciting plans for the future. After the reveal of the video, Joe Cimino, Senior Sales and Manager and Head of NAFTA Ornamentals Division said “We at Sakata Seed America recognize that innovation is vital to our industry and for over forty years we have been dedicated to breeding breakthrough products such as SunPatiens, it is this spirit and commitment to innovate that we will continue to bring to the market now and in the future. Look for exciting new products to come from Sakata in the near future.”
To learn more about Sakata’s 40th Anniversary achievements and future plans, visit Sakata at Cultivate 2017, booth #0425, this July 16th – 18th in Columbus, Ohio.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content