- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Sakata starts 40 Days of Summer Giving
Earlier this year, Sakata announced their ‘40 Acts of Kindness’ initiative, intended to honor this milestone by strengthening their commitment to social responsibility and working with forty charitable organizations in 2017. A major example being 40 Days of Summer Giving, in which Sakata has partnered with American Floral Endowment to match dollar-for-dollar donations up to $10,000. All donations go toward the support of floriculture programs and Sakata’s goal is to reach $20,000 between July 10th and August 8th – 40 full days of giving.
In addition, Sakata is supporting the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge with its goal to register a million public and private gardens and landscapes to support pollinators. This campaign, led by AmericanHort, directs donations towards stewardship programs, funding research and spreading the buzz about pollinators to the horticulture community.
Sakata is also supporting and participating in Petal It Forward this October 11th. The program was established by Society of American Florists and saw great success in its first year, randomly surprising people in 234 cities in 50 states across the US with flowers. Each unknowing person is gifted two bunches of flowers, one to keep for themselves, and one to give away to someone else. You just may find Sakata staff on the streets of Morgan Hill and Salinas, CA, spreading kindness and adding beauty to someone’s day.
Sakata also released a new 40th Anniversary video, which illustrates the company’s expansion of infrastructure over the last forty years and exciting plans for the future. After the reveal of the video, Joe Cimino, Senior Sales and Manager and Head of NAFTA Ornamentals Division said “We at Sakata Seed America recognize that innovation is vital to our industry and for over forty years we have been dedicated to breeding breakthrough products such as SunPatiens, it is this spirit and commitment to innovate that we will continue to bring to the market now and in the future. Look for exciting new products to come from Sakata in the near future.”
To learn more about Sakata’s 40th Anniversary achievements and future plans, visit Sakata at Cultivate 2017, booth #0425, this July 16th – 18th in Columbus, Ohio.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-15 US (OH): ScottsMiracle-Gro reduces outlook for sales
- 2022-06-07 The opportunities and possibilities of a single packaging unit sticker
- 2022-06-02 Five points to consider when developing flower industry website
- 2022-05-24 ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value
- 2022-05-19 Elements for a successful website design
- 2022-04-22 ‘European Central Bank must act soon to avoid currency crisis’
- 2022-04-13 How to prepare for Mother’s Day
- 2022-03-25 All #LoveNotWar flower hearts listed in an interactive e-magazine
- 2022-03-24 8 pink roses to celebrate UK mother's day 2022
- 2022-03-16 Colombia joins the global campaign #LoveNotWar
- 2022-03-14 The floral message of hope: Flowerhearts placed all over the world
- 2022-03-10 Royal FloraHolland organizes benefit auction for Giro555 on 14 March
- 2022-02-02 "As it's generic promotion for the cut flowers and greens, all industry participants will benefit"
- 2022-01-27 World of Sprayroses presents new E-Magazine
- 2022-01-19 Marketing challenges in 2022 and how to solve them
- 2022-01-19 “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- 2021-11-24 How digital marketing can boost floral sales
- 2021-11-19 Cut chrysanthemum Ilonka stars in promotional campaign
- 2021-10-26 'Increasing Demand and Satisfaction in the Floral Industry'
- 2021-10-21 Fall marketing ideas for floral businesses