- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Hollywood goes to Cultivate
Bad Boy and Leading Lady
There’s never a dull moment when Hollywood Hibiscus are on scene. The personalities just love to strut their stuff—big, colorful blooms that open continuously all summer long. For the best show in town, visit the J. Berry Nursery booth #1152 at Cultivate. Bring your autograph book.
Red Carpet Ready for an Evening of Excellence
Hollywood Hibiscus are to be guests of honor at the Greenhouse Grower “Evening of Excellence,” nominated for the Editor’s Choice award. The event celebrates achievement in growing, breeding, and marketing in the horticultural industry, spotlighting the best new varieties from the California Spring Trials, at which J. Berry plants appeared for the first time in 2017. Additionally, the Greenhouse Grower Medal of Excellence and Greenhouse Grower Grower of the Year Awards will be announced.
J. Berry Introductions in Cultivate New Product Showcase
Swing by the New Product Showcase for an up close and personal look at three of J. Berry’s new introductions:
Summer Spice Hardy Hibiscus
Everyone’s getting their first peek at Summer Spice Hardy Hibiscus. Jim Berry says, “The new collection exhibits exceptionally compact growth habits and colors never seen before in Hardy Hibiscus. We are thrilled to introduce these genetics to retail in 2018 and so happy to provide this industry debut at the Cultivate Show.”
Emerald Empire Crapemyrtles
J. Berry extends its reach in the crapemyrtle market with the release of the Emerald Empire collection. The breeding program promises the full color palette range of remarkable green-leafed crapemyrtles organized in subcollections of Prince, Queen and King sizes—allowing landscapers and gardeners to find the best crapemyrtle to suit their space.
Garnet King and Amethyst King selections were created for large landscapes. Each selection has a 20’ tall mature height and a 20’ and 10’ canopy respectively. These varieties are draped with gorgeous blooms from early summer until first frost.
Ruby Prince and Garnet Queen crapemyrtles have deep green foliage with dark venation and are resistant to powdery mildew and cercospora leaf spot. The former is a compact, shrub form, while the latter fills in the landscape as a small tree or large shrub. Both flower continuously all summer long.
Hollywood Hibiscus have proved incredibly popular with consumers who have eagerly accepted the challenge to “collect them all.” New varieties Bad Boy and Gold Digger exhibit the trademark high bud and bloom counts, attractive growth habits, disease resistance, and vivid beautiful colors of the rest of the line.
For more information:
J. Berry Nursery
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"