- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dümmen Orange shows full portfolio at FlowerTrials
- Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- Chrysanthemums can be grown with less electricity and less heat
- NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- New sprayable feed enhances the establishment of beneficial insects
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Hollywood goes to Cultivate
Bad Boy and Leading Lady
There’s never a dull moment when Hollywood Hibiscus are on scene. The personalities just love to strut their stuff—big, colorful blooms that open continuously all summer long. For the best show in town, visit the J. Berry Nursery booth #1152 at Cultivate. Bring your autograph book.
Red Carpet Ready for an Evening of Excellence
Hollywood Hibiscus are to be guests of honor at the Greenhouse Grower “Evening of Excellence,” nominated for the Editor’s Choice award. The event celebrates achievement in growing, breeding, and marketing in the horticultural industry, spotlighting the best new varieties from the California Spring Trials, at which J. Berry plants appeared for the first time in 2017. Additionally, the Greenhouse Grower Medal of Excellence and Greenhouse Grower Grower of the Year Awards will be announced.
J. Berry Introductions in Cultivate New Product Showcase
Swing by the New Product Showcase for an up close and personal look at three of J. Berry’s new introductions:
Summer Spice Hardy Hibiscus
Everyone’s getting their first peek at Summer Spice Hardy Hibiscus. Jim Berry says, “The new collection exhibits exceptionally compact growth habits and colors never seen before in Hardy Hibiscus. We are thrilled to introduce these genetics to retail in 2018 and so happy to provide this industry debut at the Cultivate Show.”
Emerald Empire Crapemyrtles
J. Berry extends its reach in the crapemyrtle market with the release of the Emerald Empire collection. The breeding program promises the full color palette range of remarkable green-leafed crapemyrtles organized in subcollections of Prince, Queen and King sizes—allowing landscapers and gardeners to find the best crapemyrtle to suit their space.
Garnet King and Amethyst King selections were created for large landscapes. Each selection has a 20’ tall mature height and a 20’ and 10’ canopy respectively. These varieties are draped with gorgeous blooms from early summer until first frost.
Ruby Prince and Garnet Queen crapemyrtles have deep green foliage with dark venation and are resistant to powdery mildew and cercospora leaf spot. The former is a compact, shrub form, while the latter fills in the landscape as a small tree or large shrub. Both flower continuously all summer long.
Hollywood Hibiscus have proved incredibly popular with consumers who have eagerly accepted the challenge to “collect them all.” New varieties Bad Boy and Gold Digger exhibit the trademark high bud and bloom counts, attractive growth habits, disease resistance, and vivid beautiful colors of the rest of the line.
For more information:
J. Berry Nursery
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-06 Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- 2023-06-06 NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- 2023-06-06 Largest IFTEX to date kicks off in Nairobi
- 2023-06-05 US (FL): Impressions from Floriexpo
- 2023-06-05 Sunflower sea at anniversary celebration Van Gogh Museum with royal touch
- 2023-06-05 UK: Petersfield greenhouse company Alitex wins RHS Chelsea Flower Show award
- 2023-06-02 UK: ‘Heroines of Horticulture’ lauded at Chelsea show
- 2023-06-02 UK: Exbury Gardens to display RHS Chelsea Flower Show award-winning garden
- 2023-06-02 US: Flowers for all 300,000 graves at Arlington National Cemetery
- 2023-06-02 Over 200 visitors welcomed during Open House Interplant Roses
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days