- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Biobest makes side effects easier to find
The Side Effect Manual is an indispensable tool in Integrated Pest Management (IPM). We have a lot of available information that growers and advisors should be able to consult easily. “Communication technology is constantly evolving, so we are proud to provide this renewed and improved version”, says Paco Lozano, Manager of Biobest Knowledge and Training Center. "If the user clicks on a chemical, they immediately see that the font of the applicable beneficials is darker in color, which means the effect on those beneficials is known. If not, the name of the beneficials is shown in a lighter font."
Users will immediately recognize many useful features from the previous version as the layout is comparable and recognizable to the user. This also applies to the classification, ranking from harmless (1) to harmful (4) and to persistence, the time that the chemical continues to affect the beneficials. The search results are still available as a pdf from the website. Furthermore, the user can now choose to make an unlimited number of combinations, which is different than before.
Interaction with users
The new tool also offers them a unique new possibility. "We open the dialogue between growers and Biobest. For example, growers can share their experiences on certain combinations of pesticides and beneficials. This may allow us to further refine the available information. Growers can also express their interest in a combination that has not yet been investigated. Through the icon (i), they simply send a message to Biobest. This feedback will help us to adapt our research to the field’s requirements. Sending a message can also be done via the 'Help us' button”, said Paco Lozano.
Download the new app
Those that have used the old version of the Biobest Side Effect Manual on either smartphone or tablet should remove the old app and download the new from the AppStore or Google Play.
The new Side Effect Manual app automatically synchronizes with the Biobest database.
Visit www.biobestgroup.com/en/side-effect-manual or download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022