- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Biobest makes side effects easier to find
The Side Effect Manual is an indispensable tool in Integrated Pest Management (IPM). We have a lot of available information that growers and advisors should be able to consult easily. “Communication technology is constantly evolving, so we are proud to provide this renewed and improved version”, says Paco Lozano, Manager of Biobest Knowledge and Training Center. "If the user clicks on a chemical, they immediately see that the font of the applicable beneficials is darker in color, which means the effect on those beneficials is known. If not, the name of the beneficials is shown in a lighter font."
Users will immediately recognize many useful features from the previous version as the layout is comparable and recognizable to the user. This also applies to the classification, ranking from harmless (1) to harmful (4) and to persistence, the time that the chemical continues to affect the beneficials. The search results are still available as a pdf from the website. Furthermore, the user can now choose to make an unlimited number of combinations, which is different than before.
Interaction with users
The new tool also offers them a unique new possibility. "We open the dialogue between growers and Biobest. For example, growers can share their experiences on certain combinations of pesticides and beneficials. This may allow us to further refine the available information. Growers can also express their interest in a combination that has not yet been investigated. Through the icon (i), they simply send a message to Biobest. This feedback will help us to adapt our research to the field’s requirements. Sending a message can also be done via the 'Help us' button”, said Paco Lozano.
Download the new app
Those that have used the old version of the Biobest Side Effect Manual on either smartphone or tablet should remove the old app and download the new from the AppStore or Google Play.
The new Side Effect Manual app automatically synchronizes with the Biobest database.
Visit www.biobestgroup.com/en/side-effect-manual or download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 AgriForce forms joint venture with Swiss firm to help with in-progress acquisitions
- 2023-06-08 Italy: Alessandro Michelucci is the new president of Italian Nursery-people association
- 2023-06-08 Interflora celebrates 100th anniversary
- 2023-06-08 CAN: CosMic Plants orchid grower receives MPS-ABC certificate
- 2023-06-08 US: SAF adds breeder category to outstanding varieties competition
- 2023-06-07 “We make both high light transmission and insulation available”
- 2023-06-07 NL: Hem Genetics celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-06-07 Ramón Melón joins IUNU as Head Grower
- 2023-06-07 Buyers sought for UK hydroponic salad grower
- 2023-06-06 Tal Netzer appointed as CEO of DryGair
- 2023-06-06 Floranow acquires flower wholesaler Bloomax
- 2023-06-06 UK firm acquires full stake in Bigot Flower Kenya
- 2023-06-05 "Sustainability is also about extending the life of greenhouses"
- 2023-06-05 Swiss biological agricultural product manufacturer sets up office in Kenya
- 2023-06-02 Captain and Könst calla assortment presented during Captain Calla Days
- 2023-06-02 Delphy Group remains independent
- 2023-06-02 FloraLife unveils new brand identity
- 2023-06-02 Kenya: Marcoz Holdings gets approval for acquisition of Phima Flowers
- 2023-06-02 New guardian monitor Wi-Fi launched
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight