- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Four Star Greenhouse pleased with new floor
Cheaper and better
Dan Foster: "We have around 17 acres under cover and are very familiar with flood floors. Six months ago we installed our first Erfgoed floor and it seems to be a very good choice. So far we were growing on concrete floors with the so called cascade system, but concrete is expensive and not flexible at all. Puddles and cracks are a big problem. I visited a number of colleagues in the Niagara region and could see with my own eyes the benefits of an Erfgoed floor. The time necessary to flood the floor is about 11-12 minutes in one cycle and compared to the traditional floors that is just as good. We said to ourselves, 'why invest money in a concrete floor when the Erfgoed floor is cheaper and in a number of areas, like PH values, even better'."
When it comes to logistics the concrete floor seems to have an advantage; you can go where you want to go without any problem, but Dan Foster is positive about the options of a track system on an Erfgoed floor. "We will stick to the track and using that system is no trouble at all. Cleaning the floor is maybe a bit more hard, but Erfgoed offers a good solution with the special cleaning machine. We will buy one soon, because we like to be clean here."
The Erfgoed people
Having the Erfgoed people on site for the installation was a pleasure. Dan Foster: "They were talkative, easy going people with all the necessary skills to do the job and even the people from the stores and restaurants in town were asking where they were when the work was finished. They kept the time schedule, although the weather was not always in our favor. Yes, I would definitely recommend them to my colleagues, no doubt at all, and we here at Four Star will start our next project with Erfgoed in September of this year".
Want to know more? Visit them at Cultivate ’17 on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 July (booth nr. 2147) or give them a call.
For more information:
2751 GH Moerkapelle
T +31 79 593 38 00
M +31 6 5469 8134
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."