Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US: Four Star Greenhouse pleased with new floor
Cheaper and better
Dan Foster: "We have around 17 acres under cover and are very familiar with flood floors. Six months ago we installed our first Erfgoed floor and it seems to be a very good choice. So far we were growing on concrete floors with the so called cascade system, but concrete is expensive and not flexible at all. Puddles and cracks are a big problem. I visited a number of colleagues in the Niagara region and could see with my own eyes the benefits of an Erfgoed floor. The time necessary to flood the floor is about 11-12 minutes in one cycle and compared to the traditional floors that is just as good. We said to ourselves, 'why invest money in a concrete floor when the Erfgoed floor is cheaper and in a number of areas, like PH values, even better'."
When it comes to logistics the concrete floor seems to have an advantage; you can go where you want to go without any problem, but Dan Foster is positive about the options of a track system on an Erfgoed floor. "We will stick to the track and using that system is no trouble at all. Cleaning the floor is maybe a bit more hard, but Erfgoed offers a good solution with the special cleaning machine. We will buy one soon, because we like to be clean here."
The Erfgoed people
Having the Erfgoed people on site for the installation was a pleasure. Dan Foster: "They were talkative, easy going people with all the necessary skills to do the job and even the people from the stores and restaurants in town were asking where they were when the work was finished. They kept the time schedule, although the weather was not always in our favor. Yes, I would definitely recommend them to my colleagues, no doubt at all, and we here at Four Star will start our next project with Erfgoed in September of this year".
Want to know more? Visit them at Cultivate ’17 on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 July (booth nr. 2147) or give them a call.
For more information:
2751 GH Moerkapelle
T +31 79 593 38 00
M +31 6 5469 8134
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium
- 2023-05-19 US (LA): Curiosity blooms into a flower farm with best bud
- 2023-05-19 Make-upz assortment newest addition to Deroose USA portfolio
- 2023-05-18 NL: Stolk Brothers grow anthuriums peat free
- 2023-05-18 NL: Organic Rose Nursery the Bierkreek decorates The Peace Palace
- 2023-05-18 Rosaprima launches four new rose varieties
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Urban grower helps supply florists and markets
- 2023-05-17 "A step towards a greener future"