- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
August 25, Portland
US (OR): Learn about plant development at Farwest
Ryan Contreras, Ph.D, Associate Professor, Oregon State University, will deliver an address, ‘What’s New from Oregon State Plant Breeding’, on Friday, August 25, 8:30-9:30a, in Room B113-114. Dr. Contreras will discuss the value in producing and marketing plants that serve a more overt function or require fewer inputs. He will share ongoing work at the Ornamental Plant Breeding Laboratory at OSU in breeding plants with novel fragrance and flowering, disease resistance, seed characteristics, and improved qualities for native evergreen edible shrubs.
Dr. Contreras teaches plant identification and plant growth and development courses at OSU. He also directs the Ornamental Plant Breeding Program, which focuses on developing new cultivars of woody shrubs and trees with improved traits.
Shearer, Tree and Shrub Breeder, The Morton Arboretum, will present ‘The Morton Arboretum’s New Plant Development Program’, covering the history of the breeding program at the Arboretum. She will share releases currently in the marketplace and look at future introductions in the pipeline. All Arboretum introductions are marketed through the Chicagoland Grows plant introduction program. Her talk is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23, 9:45-10:45a, Room B113-114.
Shearer earned B.S. degrees in Horticulture and Plant Biology at North Carolina State University and M.S. degree at Oregon State University in Horticulture with a concentration in Plant Breeding and Genetics. Her graduate degree projects focused on inducing and evaluating hereditary variation in maples, penstemon, and cape hyacinth. At NC State, she was mentored by Dr. Tom Ranney and Dr. Jenny Xiang, and conducted research on cultivated dogwoods and native azaleas.
For complete information on all Education Seminars (registration required), free Mini-Sessions, and general information on Farwest 2017, visit www.FarwestShow.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2022-06-22 Impatiens Walleriana 'Glimmer Appleblossom' wins Best in Show at New Plant Awards
- 2022-06-21 Aalsmeer flower festival: What to expect?
- 2022-06-21 RHS Hampton Court Palace garden festival
- 2022-06-21 Attendees will tap into consumers’ ‘great expectations’ at SAF Orlando 2022
- 2022-06-21 Ritual of rolling babies in flowers revived in southern Iran