Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
15-17th August in Odense, Denmark
"Flowertime: "Time for ornamental value and specialist focus"
At present, growers are met with new challenges and possibilities, from the consumers as well as from the legislation. Demands of a greener company profile, lower environmental impact, legal demands concerning removal of specific pesticides; all this without compromises in regard of the ornamental value and durability of the plants. Demands, which cause new challenges, when we discuss the improvement, the assortment and the production in the future.
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen, one of the organizers of Flowertime, tells:
”No matter if we are breeders or growers, we need to be ahead of the development when it comes to product assortment, technology, knowledge and trends, because it is the sum of our joint efforts that make a difference. During our busy working days, we mostly work individually, everybody in his own nursery.
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen (at the IPM Essen, Germany).
Flowertime is meant as an initiative that can gather qualified professionals, knowledge institutions and consultants, for the exchange of experiences and dialogue across our line of business. The purpose is to inspire each other and broaden our knowledge, together and individually. This year, with focus on substrates and light sources”.
Flowertime is the time for meeting across the value chain and for talking about the challenges and possibilities of tomorrow. Organized at the same time as the Odense Flower Festival, the ”Handelsplads” (trade centre) of the plant and flower business and numerous other interesting initiatives with plant and flower themes in and around Odense.
Organizers and Exhibitors
The nursery Råhøj, the nursery Henning Pedersen, the nursery Graff A/S, the nursery RosaDanica A/S, the nursery 3Kanten A/S and SUNNY ApS.
Flowertime is arranged with the participation of Pindstrup Mosebrug A/S, Senmatic A/S, Modiform, Plantpaper (Jesper Rosgaard) and Gartnerirådgivningen (the Danish consultancy organisation for plant and flower growers).
Time and Place
Grønnegyden 148 - DK-5270 Odense N.
For more information
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen
Phone: (+45) 6393 0033
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar