- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
15-17th August in Odense, Denmark
"Flowertime: "Time for ornamental value and specialist focus"
At present, growers are met with new challenges and possibilities, from the consumers as well as from the legislation. Demands of a greener company profile, lower environmental impact, legal demands concerning removal of specific pesticides; all this without compromises in regard of the ornamental value and durability of the plants. Demands, which cause new challenges, when we discuss the improvement, the assortment and the production in the future.
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen, one of the organizers of Flowertime, tells:
”No matter if we are breeders or growers, we need to be ahead of the development when it comes to product assortment, technology, knowledge and trends, because it is the sum of our joint efforts that make a difference. During our busy working days, we mostly work individually, everybody in his own nursery.
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen (at the IPM Essen, Germany).
Flowertime is meant as an initiative that can gather qualified professionals, knowledge institutions and consultants, for the exchange of experiences and dialogue across our line of business. The purpose is to inspire each other and broaden our knowledge, together and individually. This year, with focus on substrates and light sources”.
Flowertime is the time for meeting across the value chain and for talking about the challenges and possibilities of tomorrow. Organized at the same time as the Odense Flower Festival, the ”Handelsplads” (trade centre) of the plant and flower business and numerous other interesting initiatives with plant and flower themes in and around Odense.
Organizers and Exhibitors
The nursery Råhøj, the nursery Henning Pedersen, the nursery Graff A/S, the nursery RosaDanica A/S, the nursery 3Kanten A/S and SUNNY ApS.
Flowertime is arranged with the participation of Pindstrup Mosebrug A/S, Senmatic A/S, Modiform, Plantpaper (Jesper Rosgaard) and Gartnerirådgivningen (the Danish consultancy organisation for plant and flower growers).
Time and Place
Grønnegyden 148 - DK-5270 Odense N.
For more information
Bjarne Nyholm Larsen
Phone: (+45) 6393 0033
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"