- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
WAFEX spreads its wings to South America
WAFEX Ecuador will be managed by Andrea Hidalgo who has been working with WAFEX on an agency basis for the past 12 months.
Craig Musson, WAFEX Managing Director said the company is very excited to spread its wings into South America which has become a pivotal supply source for WAFEX in recent years.
“Over the course of our 28 year journey, WAFEX has always placed a very high strategic importance in having a strong physical presence in our key cut flower supply regions”, said Musson.
“Ecuador has become a very important supply source for our clients and we have identified the need to have our own staff on the ground to build, manage and strengthen relationships with both our growers and our key logistics partners” Musson continued, “having worked with Andrea for the past 12 months, we consider ourselves very fortunate to secure the services of such an experienced perishable executive who has over 15 years experience in a range of trading and management roles in Ecuador.”
Andrea Hidalgo, Sales/Procurement Manager WAFEX South America will be the key contact point for growers, airlines and freight agents in both Ecuador and Colombia.
“Over the last 12 months I have enjoyed representing WAFEX in Ecuador and I am looking forward to consolidating my role as WAFEX Sales/Procurement Manager for the region”, said Andrea.
“I now have a very strong understanding of the needs of WAFEX Australian clients and am relishing the opportunity to expand the WAFEX sales presence in South East Asia with quality flowers from Ecuador and Colombia.”
Andrea continued, "Being based in Quito will afford WAFEX a great opportunity to improve its already strong position with quality flower growers in South America and enable the expansion of both range and supply for the global markets WAFEX currently services.”
Andrea Hidalgo will visit Australia in September to meet with a range of WAFEX clients and develop a greater understanding of the specific needs of both cut flower wholesalers and retailer in key markets across Australia.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022