Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
WAFEX spreads its wings to South America
WAFEX Ecuador will be managed by Andrea Hidalgo who has been working with WAFEX on an agency basis for the past 12 months.
Craig Musson, WAFEX Managing Director said the company is very excited to spread its wings into South America which has become a pivotal supply source for WAFEX in recent years.
“Over the course of our 28 year journey, WAFEX has always placed a very high strategic importance in having a strong physical presence in our key cut flower supply regions”, said Musson.
“Ecuador has become a very important supply source for our clients and we have identified the need to have our own staff on the ground to build, manage and strengthen relationships with both our growers and our key logistics partners” Musson continued, “having worked with Andrea for the past 12 months, we consider ourselves very fortunate to secure the services of such an experienced perishable executive who has over 15 years experience in a range of trading and management roles in Ecuador.”
Andrea Hidalgo, Sales/Procurement Manager WAFEX South America will be the key contact point for growers, airlines and freight agents in both Ecuador and Colombia.
“Over the last 12 months I have enjoyed representing WAFEX in Ecuador and I am looking forward to consolidating my role as WAFEX Sales/Procurement Manager for the region”, said Andrea.
“I now have a very strong understanding of the needs of WAFEX Australian clients and am relishing the opportunity to expand the WAFEX sales presence in South East Asia with quality flowers from Ecuador and Colombia.”
Andrea continued, "Being based in Quito will afford WAFEX a great opportunity to improve its already strong position with quality flower growers in South America and enable the expansion of both range and supply for the global markets WAFEX currently services.”
Andrea Hidalgo will visit Australia in September to meet with a range of WAFEX clients and develop a greater understanding of the specific needs of both cut flower wholesalers and retailer in key markets across Australia.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 NZ: New people join HortNZ Board
- 2023-05-31 Stuppy celebrates 150th anniversary
- 2023-05-31 Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market
- 2023-05-23 Kenya Flower Council inks MoU with Safal Group
- 2023-05-23 Iowa State University Supplier of the Year Award for horticultural suppliers