The Kenya Flower Council was first Accredited as a Certification Body (CB) on October 16, 2008. The accreditation provides assurance and formal recognition of the competence of an organization and its staff in performing specific tasks.
The just ended re-assessment gives The Kenya Flower Council recognition to certify producers its standard the Flowers and Ornamentals Sustainability Standard Silver and Gold certificates, along with other standards within the scope of flowers and ornamentals.
The procedures for attaining and maintaining ISO 17065/ Guide 65 Accreditation involve five phases:
- Application for accreditation and evaluation of the normative quality system documents.
- Initial Evaluation and assessment of Certification Body.
- Accreditation to ISO / IEC 17065.
- Surveillance Assessment once per annum.
- Re-Assessment after every 3 year period.
Kenya Flower Council
Suite 12, 4th Floor,
The Greenhouse Building,
Adams Arcade, along Ngong Road
Mobile: (254) (0)733 639 523