Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US (CA): Cal Poly aspiring entrepreneur named Shinoda Scholar of the Year
“Gage represents the best and brightest of aspiring horticulturalists,” says Bob Otsuka, president of the Shinoda Foundation. “Supporting budding entrepreneurs like him is one of the privileges the Foundation enjoys in furthering industry growth.”
A 21-year-old from Nicolaus, California, Willey is working toward a Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Greenhouse/Nursery Production. His goal is to own a production and retail nursery.
“Gage’s friendly, confident and professional attitude is perfect for a position that interacts extensively with faculty, staff, students and the public,” one of his employers said in a letter of recommendation.
Willey has been a student assistant manager at the greenhouses at Cal Poly, is Vice President of Pi Alpha Xi Honorary Horticultural Society; Vice President of the Cal Poly Horticulture Club; and is a member of the College Student Ag Council and the Cal Poly Crops Club.
He also volunteers for the FFA State Finals Competition. He has been on the Dean’s List since 2014 and has received several scholarships including the Shinoda Scholarship last year, the FFA California State Officer Scholarship and the California Garden Clubs Scholarship.
The Shinoda Foundation Board of Trustees awarded eleven scholarships this year totaling $21,000 and provided grants to the winners’ colleges and universities. Since 1965, The Shinoda Foundation has awarded more than $847,250 in scholarships to 684 students.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Picalla scratch campaign puts buyers in the spotlight
- 2023-06-01 Kenya: Lima Labs makes debut at IFTEX
- 2023-05-31 NZ: New people join HortNZ Board
- 2023-05-31 Stuppy celebrates 150th anniversary
- 2023-05-31 Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- 2023-05-30 "Since the merger, we’re focusing more on greenhouse segments"
- 2023-05-30 Eason Horticultural Resources adds Logistics Specialist John Ollis to its logistics team
- 2023-05-30 NL: Double screen installation at Van Daalen Cymbidium
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 GroupDC acquires Hawita
- 2023-05-26 Eric Labbate, founder of Climate Control Systems, retires after 38 years
- 2023-05-25 CAN (ON): Josh MacIntyre joins Royal Brinkman as Sales Manager
- 2023-05-25 Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation announces 2023 grant awards totaling over $240,000
- 2023-05-25 Green Simplicity joins GreenV
- 2023-05-25 Turkish cargo adds value to nation's exports
- 2023-05-24 From You Flowers and FTD announce merger
- 2023-05-24 Photo Report: Greenhouse Management Training Day, China:“ Knowledge, Awareness, Sharing“
- 2023-05-24 Marginpar and VBW launch collaboration
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Murara Plants wins renewable Energy Award during EMA 2023
- 2023-05-23 Sollum Technologies appoints Michael Hanan for the US market