AFE administers paid internship programs for floriculture and environmental horticulture students each year, and the next application deadline is October 1.
Students selected will receive a scholarship upon successful completion of their internships.
The Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program was made possible through a generous gift from Vic & Margaret Ball and allows students to gain experience at a commercial production greenhouse or nursery. The program offers paid internships in three, four or six-month durations and provides scholarships of up to $6,000.
Three videos were created earlier this year to promote the program:
- The student video shares students’ successful internship experiences and testimonials on how the program helped them in their careers.
- The employer video encourages companies to participate in the program by becoming a host employer. This video explains the benefits of hosting an intern, and shows how AFE helps companies train the next generation of industry leaders.
- The parent video explains to parents what an internship can do for their children’s future. They will learn more about the program and how AFE provides students with valuable experiences.
- Full-time, undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens.
- Must be enrolled in a floriculture/environmental horticulture program at a two- or four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Must maintain a “C” or better GPA.
Click here to apply online.
Click here to download the internship brochure.